Efficient and Effective Feedback in the Online Classroom
$297.00 – $497.00
Effective feedback is a critical component of the learning process for online students. It serves an important role in keeping them motivated and engaged. Learn a set of strategies for reducing feedbacks burden while maintaining the high quality that contributes so much to students growth and learning.
Providing Frequent Feedback to Online Learners While Managing Your Workload
Effective feedback is a critical component of the learning process—and for online students especially, it also serves an important role in keeping them motivated and engaged.
For faculty, though, the feedback process can be an insatiable consumer of time and energy. That’s bad for faculty morale and well-being, certainly, but it’s also bad for pedagogy, because excessive time devoted to feedback leaves less time for the other essentials of good teaching.
Your presenter shares a set of strategies for reducing feedback burden while maintaining the high quality that contributes so much to students’ growth and learning.
This one-hour presentation illustrates how a combination of technology, time management, and teaching techniques can result in a far less time-consuming feedback process that produces strong gains in students’ cognitive understanding as well as in their sense of connection to the course and the instructor.
Throughout this seminar, you’ll gain insights on developing and delivering thoughtful, impactful feedback that:
- Increases cognitive understanding of class material
- Promotes student engagement
- Boosts motivation and morale
- Strengthens student-faculty connections
And you’ll learn to do it in less time, with less repetitive effort, and with greater satisfaction.
You’ll come away from this presentation with a set of tools to help you more efficiently manage the feedback process. Those include:
- Time-saving ways to use technology
- Prioritization strategies to balance demands on your time
- Alternate feedback approaches that enhance learning while reducing instructor workload
- Productivity-boosting ways to repurpose existing feedback statements
It’s information you can implement easily and immediately in your online courses!
Efficient and Effective Feedback in the Online Classroom will introduce you to a set of tools and practices designed to help you create better feedback for your online students in far less time. Topics covered in this one-hour presentation include:
- Using emergent technologies to streamline and even automate elements of feedback
- Enhancing feedback’s impact through the use of both one-to-one and one-to-many methods
- Employing priority-based time management strategies
- Taking advantage of feedforward techniques to decrease the need for summative feedback
- Creating banks of common feedback statements that can be drawn on for future assessments
Taken together, these innovative approaches will help you pare your workload, rebalance your priorities, and maintain a positive environment for teaching and learning.
The insights provided in Efficient and Effective Feedback in the Online Classroom will be valuable for participants at any institution, two-year or four-year, public or private. Anyone committed to providing high-quality, elaborative feedback in online courses but interested in eliminating inefficiencies will find the seminar invaluable.
We especially recommend it for:
- Online faculty
- Online course developers
- Faculty development professionals
- Administrators of online programs
Efficient and Effective Feedback in the Online Classroom will show you how to free yourself from the burden of inefficient feedback practices and reclaim valuable hours in your workday. Order today!
Product Code: QC13BA | Recorded: 7/24/13
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart