Magna On-Demand Seminars
From Fear to Fluency: Educators Discuss Integrating ChatGPT to Foster Online Student Learning
Join a panel of three expert educators to learn how AI can be a valuable tool for course design and student support as well as what new literacy skills students will need to navigate a future where AI is an integral part of the teaching and learning experience.
The advent of AI technologies has disrupted traditional approaches to student learning and assessment, leaving educators in search of effective adaptation strategies.
This Magna Online Seminar features a panel of three educators who address the challenges of integrating AI tools including ChatGPT into education while maintaining academic integrity and how to prepare for a future where AI is an integral part of the teaching and learning experience.
Your expert panel, B. Jean Mandernach, PhD, Thomas Dyer, PhD, and John Steele, PhD answer your questions about embracing this technology while also covering:
- The role of AI tools in higher education: A brief discussion on the increasing prevalence of AI tools like ChatGPT in the academic environment and the challenges faced by educators in integrating these tools while preserving academic integrity.
- Enhancing students’ AI literacy: Practical strategies to improve students’ understanding of AI, specifically transforming perceptions of ChatGPT from being a potential assignment shortcut to a valuable learning resource.
- Incorporating ChatGPT in activities and assignments: An exploration of creative activities and assignments that integrate ChatGPT to foster critical thinking, deepen learning, and develop skills relevant to the modern workforce.
- ChatGPT as learning support: Insights into how ChatGPT can be presented as a tool for proofreading, editing, and feedback, emphasizing its role as a beneficial resource for students rather than a potential avenue for plagiarism or “cheating.”
- Preparing for a future with AI: A broader conversation about the rapid evolution of AI and its expected influence across various domains, underscoring the need for educators to equip themselves and their students for a future where AI is a vital component of the teaching and learning experience.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Integrate ChatGPT (or similar tools) into course design and teaching methods, positioning them not as threats but as tools to enhance student learning
- Foster the development of students’ critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and digital literacy by incorporating ChatGPT into classroom activities and assignments
- Anticipate the potential future of AI in teaching and learning, preparing for both its transformative potential and the challenges it may present
Who should attend?
This program is suitable for many roles within an institution of higher education including:
- Instructional Designers
- Curriculum Developers
- Tutors and Teaching Assistants
- Instructional Technologists
- Faculty Training and Development Specialists
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- The program can be viewed as often as needed while on-demand access is available
- Written transcript and supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Product Code: QC23BA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart