MAGNA ONLINE SEMINARS
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Improving Student Enrollment, Engagement, and Retention with Digital Credentials: Understanding the Basics
Learn best practices to support your exploration of the digital badge and micro credential space in this free Magna Online Seminar.
As education and training shifts to digital portfolios that provide potential employers with actual knowledge and skills attainment, institutions that don’t keep up will be left behind. Yet despite the increased use and acceptance of digital badges and credentials over recent years, understanding their role in higher education remains a challenge to many.
This free Magna Online Seminar is led by a renowned expert who consults worldwide about best practices in digital badging for higher education. You will learn a multitude of these best practices to support your exploration of the digital badge and micro credential space while focusing on three areas:
- What are digital credentials?
- How can they co-exist in an already defined higher education world?
- How can they help current learners and attract future learners?
Why you don’t want to miss this!
- Digital credentials can lead to increased enrollment, engagement, retention, and new pathways to programming.
- Digital credentials contribute to the institution’s public image through positive social media exposure.
- Gain direct insights from a pioneer in micro-credentialing.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Begin or expand upon ideas of what a digital badge is and more importantly the different values or currency this type of credential can represent
- Understand the importance of incorporating digital credentials into or alongside of current programming
- Identify areas where digital credentials could help promote, engage and/or recruit new enrollment
Who should attend?
- Continuing Education Staff/Departments
- Workforce Education/Workforce Development personnel
Why This Matters
This free Magna Online Seminar clarifies the value of digital badges and micro credentials, and helps educators understand their importance in relation to modern learners. Institutions and organizations are now able to define and issue digital badges that equal a professional accredited certification, credits, or certificates. Further, these credentials can help address the equity and skills gaps found in both educational systems and the fast-paced marketplace their graduates face.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- The program can be viewed as often as needed while on-demand access is available
- Written transcript
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Please Note: Registration is limited to one connection per registrant. Each registrant must register themselves to receive access.
Looking for a deeper dive on establishing a digital credential program?
Register for Improving Student Enrollment, Engagement, and Retention with Digital Credentials: Implementing an Impactful Program.
Product Code: OC23BD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart