Magna On-Demand Seminars
Motivating and Engaging Generation Z Learners
This Magna Online Seminar will help you motivate, engage, and connect with the students and learners that inhabit the environments in which you teach and lead.
Generation Z (born from 1995-2010) is now in college, and they’ve brought a unique set of values and interests with them.
If you’re challenged by—or even just curious about—understanding the drive and motivation of the young students in your classes, this online seminar will provide research-based context, understanding, and practical tactics that can be implemented in any classroom.
Editorial Note: Many of our customers have asked how they can adjust to best support, develop, and educate this cohort of students. This Magna Online Seminar is a Q&A/interview format with two of the top Generation Z experts in the country. Find a frank discussion on the characteristics, concerns, values, preferences, and sources of motivation of Generation Z college students and what changes in teaching style will be needed to motivate, engage, and connect with this new breed of student.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Develop a stronger understanding of who Generation Z is
- Discover important contexts that shape this generation
- Motivate, engage, and connect with the students and learners that inhabit the environments in which you teach and lead
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Characteristics, concerns, preferences, of Generation Z students
- Values and sources of motivation of Generation Z students and how those influence their learning
- Practical tactics that can be implemented in any classroom
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructors and teachers
- Student affairs professionals
- Department chairs
- Academic deans
- Learning coaches and tutors
- Centers for teaching and learning
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19DA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart