Do you teach online classes? Are your students from diverse backgrounds?
Have you sometimes found it difficult to get the online participation you were hoping for? If so, you are not alone. It may be a bit unsettling to hear, but it is common for some students to feel marginalized despite your best intentions to educate in the most inclusive way possible.
In this online seminar, you’ll learn about the impact of community and inclusion on online student success from a national at-risk education expert. Courtney Plotts identifies how you can create social presence and gain student participation from all your students. In the end, you’ll learn strategies for teaching and course development that can be used immediately to improve social presence in all your online classes or courses, resulting in better learning and a better experience for all students.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how marginalization Influences learning and task completion
- Understand how the application of various dimensions of cultural relevance to social presence strategies can increase student engagement and improve learning and task completion
- Learn how to create social presence with a culturally responsive lens
- Be able to increase completion rates of online learning students
- Gain strategies to increase student inclusion in online spaces
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Cultural attributes of social presence
- Instructional strategies that decrease acculturation in online learning experiences
- Creating culturally responsive online learning environments
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Online Faculty and Instructors
- Instructional Designers
- Academic Deans of Online Learning
- Online Administrators
- Student Services
- Diversity Leadership
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19CA