Online Engagement and Assimilation Strategies For Nontraditional and Marginalized Students
Learn how to increase support for marginalized students taking online courses. The strategies and discussions presented will support diverse populations and increase positive learning outcomes in online environments.
$39.00 – $697.00
Do you teach online classes? Are your students from diverse backgrounds?
Have you sometimes found it difficult to get the online participation you were hoping for? If so, you are not alone. It may be a bit unsettling to hear, but it is common for some students to feel marginalized despite your best intentions to educate in the most inclusive way possible.
In this online seminar, you’ll learn about the impact of community and inclusion on online student success from a national at-risk education expert. Courtney Plotts identifies how you can create social presence and gain student participation from all you students. In the end, you’ll learn strategies for teaching and course development that can be used immediately to improve social presence in all your online classes or courses, resulting in better learning and a better experience for all students.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how marginalization Influences learning and task completion
- Understand how the application of various dimensions of cultural relevance to social presence strategies can increase student engagement and improve learning and task completion
- Learn how to create social presence with a culturally responsive lens
- Be able to increase completion rates of online learning students
- Gain strategies to increase student inclusion in online spaces
- Cultural attributes of social presence
- Instructional strategies that decrease acculturation in online learning experiences
- Creating culturally responsive online learning environments
This seminar will benefit:
- Online Faculty and Instructors
- Instructional Designers
- Academic Deans of Online Learning
- Online Administrators
- Student Services
- Diversity Leadership
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19CA
FEATURED MAGNA PRODUCTS
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- Add to cart
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.