Improving Student Enrollment, Engagement, and Retention with Digital Credentials: Understanding the Basics
Learn best practices to support your exploration of the digital badge and micro credential space in this free Magna Online Seminar.
DATE: Thursday, February 23, 2023
TIME: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Central
As education and training shifts to digital portfolios that provide potential employers with actual knowledge and skills attainment, institutions that don’t keep up will be left behind. Yet despite the increased use and acceptance of digital badges and credentials over recent years, understanding their role in higher education remains a challenge to many.
This free Magna Online Seminar is led by a renowned expert who consults worldwide about best practices in digital badging for higher education. You will learn a multitude of these best practices to support your exploration of the digital badge and micro credential space while focusing on three areas:
- What are digital credentials?
- How can they co-exist in an already defined higher education world?
- How can they help current learners and attract future learners?
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Begin or expand upon ideas of what a digital badge is and more importantly the different values or currency this type of credential can represent
- Understand the importance of incorporating digital credentials into or alongside of current programming
- Identify areas where digital credentials could help promote, engage and/or recruit new enrollment
Who should attend?
- Continuing Education Staff/Departments
- Workforce Education/Workforce Development personnel
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Live access to the seminar on February 23, 2023
- 12-month on-demand access after the live seminar has ended
- Written transcript
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Please Note: Registration is limited to one connection per registrant. Each registrant must register themselves to receive access.
Product Code: OC23BD
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart