Transform Conflict into Collaboration: A Practical Guide for Leaders
Gain the expertise to transform conflict into collaboration, innovation, and improvement. Take away immediate tools and strategies to navigate healthy conflict, foster personal and professional growth, and guide others through challenging situations.
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2024
Time: 1:00-2:15 PM Central
Conflict is a natural part of any environment, and when teams aren’t equipped to handle it, it can really take a toll on culture and productivity. It can feel unavoidable and inevitable, due in part to issues like miscommunication, lack of communication, misinformation, not considering others, or just avoiding the problem altogether.
In the constantly changing world of education today, leaders are dealing with more turnover, disruptions, unprofessional culture, and reduced productivity than usual. These challenges arise from various factors but struggling to engage in and address those tough conversations head-on can intensify their negative impacts.
It’s time to turn conflict into a catalyst for innovation and improvement with Transform Conflict into Collaboration: A Practical Guide for Leaders, an in-depth 75-minute Magna Online Seminar led by Sara Vose Melita who brings 25+ years’ experience in leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and process improvement as a consultant, executive coach, facilitator, and trainer.
Sara will delve into the vital skill of conflict management in academic leadership and highlight its role in building trust, problem-solving, and driving progress. You’ll not only learn about diverse conflict management styles but also gain access to a practical tool for navigating productive, healthy conflict.
This Magna Online Seminar goes beyond theory, spotlighting valuable resources for continuous learning in conflict management. This empowers you to develop these skills in real-time during conflicts. You’ll finish this online seminar equipped with practical tools and techniques immediately applicable for personal growth and guiding others through tough situations.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define conflict, its benefits, and what it means to be skilled at conflict management
- Compare the conflict styles to help you become more aware of the choices you and others make in conflict situations
- Implement a process and key planning questions that will help you engage in productive healthy conflict
- Acquire techniques that you can use to navigate difficult situations
Who should attend?
- Deans and Associate Deans
- Faculty Developers
- Center for Teaching & Learning Directors
- Provosts and Chief Academic Officers
- Vice Presidents
- Human Resources Professionals
- Department Heads and Chairs
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Access to the live online seminar on April 9, 2024
- 12-month on-demand access after the live online seminar takes place
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Product Code: OC24DD
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart