Lead Your School with More Confidence and Purpose
Being a leader at an academic institution today is filled with both pitfalls and opportunities.
Whether you lead the entire college or university, hold a deanship, run a department, or direct a program, every decision you make will be closely scrutinized.
But leadership can also be a fulfilling, exhilarating experience. Few things are as satisfying in the career of an academic as leaving your imprint on your school and shaping the way your institution is viewed by students, parents, the press, and the country at large.
Academic Leader, the monthly newsletter from Magna Publications, covers the trends, challenges, and best practices for academic leaders in higher education to help you balance these ever-evolving demands and privileges.
This newsletter delivers:
- Concise, practical advice about how to lead effectively at the executive, administrative, and department level
- Inspired insights on how to fulfill your leadership responsibilities
- Information to gain a deeper understanding and mastery of the complex and changing role of academic leadership
Whether it's addressing bullying in the academic workplace, managing difficult conversations, or ensuring diversity, you'll find the tools and answers used by peers from around the country to help you discharge your leadership responsibilities. By subscribing, you will:
- Hone your leadership skills
- Leverage the insights and practical wisdom of fellow higher education decision makers
- Observe what works at other institutions and how you can apply it to your own circumstances
- Acquire the tools, ideas, and solutions to make your institution stand out
- Generate wider respect in the academic community
- Fulfill the profound obligations of teaching, scholarship, and service
Academic Leader provides you with the tools and the knowledge to help you lead your institution or department with greater mastery.
Each issue covers topics that matter most to YOU as a higher education leader. You'll find stories that are written in a conversational, informed style. We put each topic in context, zero in on key points, and illustrate the reporting with examples from real world institutions.
Turn to any page and you'll get meaningful insights on a variety of important, relevant topics, including:
- Program assessment
- Leadership methods
- Conflict management
- Promotion and tenure
- Personnel policies
- Adjunct faculty
- Faculty evaluation
- Leadership development
You'll find a variety of management strategies to help you make informed, practical decisions on almost any issue that comes across your desk. This newsletter is written for:
- Academic deans
- Department chairs and heads
- Academic vice presidents
- Program directors
- Professionals in any academic leadership role
Leaders at almost every level in higher education can benefit from the advice and information found in Academic Leader.
Articles are specially designed to help you competently fulfill your responsibilities, whether in a departmental, administrative, or executive position.
Just one idea from one issue could make a measurable difference in your life and career. Subscribe today—and don't forget to check out the money-saving group rates.
Get the authoritative news you can trust from the one publication written especially for academic leaders. Subscribe today.
Product Code: DPALAA