Magna On-Demand Seminars
Best Practices in Flipped Class Design
See how the flipped learning model can meet the challenges of today’s student body. This seminar gives you the knowledge about how flipped learning works in different disciplines and the conceptual tools for constructing a flipped classroom of your own.
Essentials of a Flipped Class Design
A long-standing model for teaching consisted of two separate but mutually complementary parts:
First, teachers would expose students to new course material in the classroom through lectures, audiovisual presentations, and other in-class demonstrations.
Then, students would study and assimilate the lessons on their own—outside of class.
But a different teaching paradigm is disrupting this traditional approach in dramatic ways.
The shift has students introducing themselves to the material first and using class time to process what they’ve studied. In short, the plan for learning has flipped.
Some educators say that the flipped class is better suited to accommodate the way that students learn today, while others have more fundamental questions and concerns.
To fill the needs of both groups, you’re encouraged to order Best Practices in Flipped Class Design, a Magna 40-Minute Seminar. Adapting to new teaching and learning models is key to engaging students today.
Explore the different variations of flipped learning and, to ensure clear understanding, see examples of each. Walk away with a model for flipped course design based on learning theory and backwards design.
Viewers of this time-sensitive 40-minute seminar can walk away with tools and research to pursue the flipped class design and deepen their understanding of this innovative learning model.
By the time you finish this time-friendly seminar, you’ll have a firm grasp on the best practices for implementing, managing, and successfully completing a flipped class design for you and your students.
After just 40 minutes, you will:
- Attain a working knowledge of the best practices of a flipped class design
- Possess practical tools and real-world strategies for implementing or refining an existing flipped class
- Be able to talk confidently with fellow faculty and administrators on your campus about the merits of a flipped class learning situation
The content of this concise online seminar gives you a good working knowledge of the different forms of flipped class design and effective protocols for enabling them.
Your discussion will be supplemented with practical steps that you can take to turn one of your courses into a flipped learning experience or to better manage an existing flipped course that you currently teach.
Ordering this seminar affords you an array of opportunities, such as:
- Getting a clear idea of what a true flipped learning experience involves
- Discovering and becoming conversant in the growing body of research on flipped class design
- Learning how to clearly articulate the objectives of and units within your course to help students learn in any setting
- Structuring pre-class activities that incorporate proven ideas from learning theory and challenging in-class activities that are “launched” by the pre-class work
- Communicating early, often, and in a positive way with students in a flipped classroom
Using innovative ways to teach the coursework can turn out to be a surprisingly rich experience for you, your students, and your campus.
Best Practices in Flipped Class Design can help educators achieve these laudable goals—whether they are new to this subject, have a fundamental understanding, or have more advanced knowledge.
Those most likely to benefit include:
- Educators at both two-year and four-year schools
- Educators at both public and private institutions
Order this program today to see how the flipped class design could mean the next significant step in the way you teach your courses and in how your students learn.
Product Code: PC15GA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart