Magna On-Demand Seminars
Five Tips to Engage Students Outside of the Online Classroom
What if you could reach beyond the confines of the online classroom to engage more fully with your students? In this seminar, explore specific activities and projects that can help your students develop a deep, rich connection to your coursework and subject matter outside of the online classroom.
Online Instructors Who Want More Student Involvement
The advent of online education has opened new doors in academia. Educators have sharpened their own teaching skills by learning to adapt their traditional methods for a new generation of learners.
Still, most online instructors restrict their teaching to the online classroom and to tasks that can be completed on the computer. As a result, there is less involvement between teachers and students and the course material.
Since learning goes on even after class ends, it’s important that educators recognize and seize all resources and opportunities to build on their lessons.
Discovering how to do this effectively is the subject of Five Tips to Engage Students Outside of the Online Classroom, a Magna 40 Minute Seminar.
See how distinctive learning projects can help students apply what they’ve learned in real-world situations. You also get an array of tools that help students continue the coursework on their own and report the results in class.
This event shows you how to break through the online wall and reach students as if they were sitting in front of you. It reveals ways for students to get the most from the course and instill new excitement in your own teaching.
As more students enroll in online courses, it’s essential for educators to become efficient and knowledgeable users of this rapidly evolving methodology. Five Tips to Engage Students Outside of the Online Classroom can help you by:
- Injecting new energy and interest in your own teaching practice
- Enhancing your professional standing among your fellow colleagues and administrators
- Keeping you up to date on timely uses of the online teaching model
- Giving you new ways to test your students’ understanding of the material
After participating in this seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify opportunities for learning outside of the online classroom
- List three outside activities that would be appropriate for your own online class(es)
- Clearly identify assignment goals and design a rubric to assess them
- Avoid common pitfalls of nontraditional assignments
This 40-minute seminar explores activities and projects that capture the interest of your students in imaginative, rewarding ways.
When you watch, you learn to:
- Recognize opportunities for active learning outside of the classroom
- Motivate students by deepening their mastery of the coursework
- Develop practical plans for staying connected outside of the online classroom
- Turn the online classroom into a lively hybrid/blended teaching environment
As a supplement, you’ll also leave this seminar with an instructive set of rubrics to guide you, material on what works and what doesn’t, and a document with tips gathered from participants.
Anyone at the school level who deals directly with students in the teaching environment or who must deal with questions and concerns arising from online distance learning should consider registering for Five Tips to Engage Students Outside of the Online Classroom, especially:
- Faculty teaching online
- Instructional designers
- Faculty technology trainers
- Instructors and administrators with an intermediate level of expertise in this topic
- Educators at both 2- and 4-year schools
- Educators at both public and private institutions
Order today. Students want coursework that stimulates them. They look for ways to connect with their instructors.
Product Code: QC15CA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart