Magna On-Demand Seminars
Leading Change: A Framework for Department Chairs
Colleges and universities are confronting the need to change. That makes this the perfect time to implement innovations to improve your department, help students succeed, and promote the public good. Learn a conceptual approach that will help you stop reacting to change—and start leading it.
Start Shaping Your Department’s Future
Change is not optional in higher education today and that can be a good thing—if you know how to manage it.
Seismic shifts in student demographics, delivery mechanisms, stakeholder demands, and learning goals are forcing colleges and universities everywhere to confront the need for change.
That makes this the perfect time to implement innovations to improve your department, help students succeed, and promote the public good.
Find out how you can lead the change you want to see with Leading Change: A Framework for Department Chairs, a Magna Online Seminar.
Change is not easy in any organization, let alone academic departments, and transformations today must unfold in a world of decreasing funding opportunities and increasing demands for accountability.
In this 60-minute online seminar, learn a conceptual approach that will help you stop reacting to change and start leading it.
Discover that being an effective change agent requires more than a vision, an implementation plan, and an assessment. Learn how you can develop comprehensive change strategies customized for your department.
After participating in this online seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the type of change needed to address problems in specific situations
- Assess organizational challenges
- Employ appropriate strategies to create change
Change of all kinds requires a shift in perspective, and in this Magna Online Seminar learn how to look at your department from four distinct points of view or frames:
- Human Resources
Leading Change: A Framework for Department Chairs shows you how to achieve transformational leadership by harnessing the power of multiple perspectives.
Learn when and how to target key facets of your department with specific change strategies, such as:
- Using policies and goal-setting to support change
- Recruiting with an eye toward change
- Creating coalitions to advance change
- Using shared values to energize implementation of your change agenda
Case examples will clarify the connections between seminar content and your concerns. Questions for self-assessment, fact sheets, and additional resources will help you put all this new information to work.
Department chairs and leaders of academic units are well positioned to lead the changes needed in higher education today, particularly those dealing with student achievement, curriculum, and pedagogy.
Leading Change: A Framework for Department Chairs was developed to make sure these academic leaders have the change management skills they need to support higher education in the 21st century.
Explore successful changes championed by department chairs in physics and biology, and learn an approach you can use to create change in any discipline and at any institution.
You can be the change agent your department needs to thrive in tumultuous times. Order this essential professional development seminar today!
Product Code: OC14AA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart