Magna On-Demand Seminars
Best Practices for Designing Successful Blended Courses
Building effective learning experiences for increasingly diverse learners while facing financial constraints is one of the most important challenges higher education faces today. Blended instruction can help, but it takes work to fuse the worlds of face-to-face and online instruction. Veronica Diaz, associate director of the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative, shows you how to make the best of both worlds.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Building Effective Blended Courses
Building effective learning experiences for increasingly diverse learners while facing financial constraints is one of the most important challenges higher education faces today.
Blended instruction can help, but it takes work to fuse the worlds of face-to-face and online instruction.
The unique challenges and opportunities of blended courses make mastering their design a pathway to professional development for faculty and enhanced learning for students.
We show you to how to design a blended course from scratch or re-design a traditional class.
You’ll learn the basic requirements for blended teaching, review examples of blended courses and explore:
- An overview of re-design for the blended environment
- A basic model for course re-design
- Mapping your course into the blended mode
- Organizing content into instructional modules
- Common crisis points for students and instructors, and how to handle them
- Tips for aligning your course with quality assurance rubrics
This is a foundation level course, appropriate for all institutions, and particularly helpful for:
- Information technology professionals
- Learning technologists
Order this valuable program today.
Product Code: QC11KA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart