Is It Time to Stop Talking?
Find out how you can improve your current courses and inspire your students right away.
Best of all, you don’t have to resort to trial and error. Learn what other educators are doing to add variety and incorporate active-learning strategies into their courses.
This 60-minute Magna Online Seminar will help shift your perspective on your role in the classroom and give you the confidence to try new techniques to improve student performance-all without redesigning your courses or rewriting your syllabi. Think tweaks, not transformations.
No, it’s not too good to be true. You really don’t have to totally revamp your courses to get better results. Small changes can make a big impact, and simply breaking up the monotony of daily lectures can make the lectures themselves more successful when you do deliver them.
In just one hour, you will learn strategies to:
- Turn readings into active-learning tools
- Incorporate student reflections and feedback into course materials
- Derive whole-class learning opportunities by using questions in a variety of ways
- Leverage student presentations, field trips, and other class activities to improve learning and course satisfaction
- University, college, and other post-secondary instructors
- Educational and faculty developers
We know that you don’t need a lecture about the value of active learning. We all know that today’s students want and need to be engaged, and what works for them is different than what worked back when you were an undergraduate. What you do need are simple, accessible, and proven approaches that are adaptable to your teaching style and don’t require major revisions to your courses. And that’s exactly what you’ll find in Lecture Alternatives: Four Strategies to Engage Students. Order your copy today.
Product Code: PC12RA