College Classroom Teaching Credential
This Magna Online Course will help you master the delivery of your subject matter through providing in-depth instruction on the myriad responsibilities of a college teacher.
Winter Enrichment Session
December 11, 2023 – January 19, 2024
New faculty enter the classroom as experts in their field, but not necessarily as experts in teaching. Before they begin a new semester or year of teaching, new faculty members need quality training that introduces or enhances their understanding of key pedagogical principles and concepts.
Presented by James M. Lang, PhD, an experienced professor and director of the Center for Teaching Excellence at Assumption College, Principles of Effective College Teaching is a 10-hour course that will give new faculty, graduate students, teaching assistants, and other instructors the knowledge and confidence they need to be successful in the classroom from the very first day of the semester.
After completing Principles of Effective College Teaching, educators will:
- Know how to design courses and construct meaningful and effective learning objectives
- Be able to identify opportunities for incorporating instructional technology, eliciting peer feedback, and adopting active learning strategies in the classroom
- Recognize common warning signs that can lead to classroom problems— before they get out of hand
- Understand their role in motivating and engaging students, promoting deep learning, and guiding student development
- Have the confidence and skills to control the classroom
- Know where and how to seek information and resources when they run into challenges
You can complete this course at your own pace and access it from virtually any device. It’s convenient professional development that’s equally valuable for individual learners and institutional learning communities.
The course comes with a variety of supplemental materials to support the content, including full transcripts, links to online resources, suggested readings, and handouts. You’ll also find a final check on learning that leads to a certificate of completion.
- Video programs
- A final assessment
- Transcripts of all video programs
- Program slides
- Supplemental readings and activities
- Certificate of Completion for the course
Discount pricing is available for multiple seats purchased at the same time.
For 10 or more seats, please contact Magna Sales at email@example.com or call 800-433-0499 ext. 183 to receive a customized quote.
Winter Enrichment Product Code: PO23XA
Meet Your Presenters
If you are not completely satisfied after your first two sessions, you may cancel and receive a full refund. Please contact Magna Customer Service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your order reviewed.