Magna On-Demand Seminars
Learning from Pandemic Pedagogy: Best Practices for a Quick and Inclusive Transition to Online Teaching
For faculty transitioning to online delivery due to pandemic-related university policies and looking for guidance in good teaching practices in this uncertain environment, this Magna Online Seminar will assist in pedagogy for course conversion as well as help with inclusive practices that might have been overlooked.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify basic best practices for online instruction
- Understand the challenges facing key student demographics, including lower-income students, students from rural areas, and non-traditional students
- Consider how to eliminate barriers in a newly (and quickly) constructed online learning environment
- Recognize the importance of empathy-based course design and delivery
Who should attend?
- Instructional designers
- Educational developers
- Distance learning staff
- eLearning staff
- Diversity and inclusion staff
- Academic leadership
Why you don’t want to miss this!
As an educator, you may be stressed about your rapid transition to an online learning environment, following your university’s decision to move to emergency online delivery in an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19. In times like these, every resource is needed, particularly as distance learning departments on campuses become burdened.
This online seminar will provide you with basic best practices for quickly creating a new online learning environment, help you understand challenges that come with remote learning for specific student populations, and advise you on how to be empathetic during a stressful time.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Access to the on-demand seminar will be emailed to you within 1 business day.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
In an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19, educational institutions across the country shifted their courses online for the remainder of the spring 2020 term. Many are considering online delivery options for summer and fall terms. While many institutions have offered support from their distance learning departments, a number of questions still remain for faculty members, as they rapidly move their courses to online delivery.
Considering common questions from the social media group “Pandemic Pedagogy,” this online seminar will assist you with considering how to deliver your newly developing online content in an inclusive and accessible way. In particular, you will receive practical tips about how to convert your content to online delivery quickly. Additionally, this seminar will reiterate the importance of fostering empathy throughout this process, particularly as both instructors and students adapt to their new learning environments.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20MA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Magna Commons
- More Information