Online courses present unique challenges for both students and faculty.
Small teaching can be the answer to those problems. Small online teaching strategies are minor adjustments to class design and teaching, things that are feasible in terms of the minimum amount of time required and that create little to no grading burden.
In this Magna Online Seminar, we’ll explore these practical, evidence-based changes you can make in your online teaching practice, which result in significant gains in student engagement and learning. Whether you are new or experienced online faculty, you’ll gain brief learning activities, minor course design modifications, and simple changes to your communication with online students, based on the approach outlined in Small Teaching Online: Applying Learning Science in Online Classes by Flower Darby and James M. Lang. Even if you teach in blended and face-to-face formats, you’ll still gain strategies to make better use of your learning management system to enhance your efforts in the classroom. Together well discover how rewarding online teaching and learning can be!
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the research on effective student engagement and learning approaches
- Apply practical, minor techniques in your online teaching practice and communication with your students
- Rediscover new inspiration and motivation to engage students online
Here’s What We’ll Cover
- The challenges of online courses
- The importance of small teaching and how to incorporate it in your instruction
- Effective teaching approaches to improve online courses
- Eight evidence-based strategies that are not overwhelming to implement, yet have a significant impact on online student learning and engagement
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Faculty developers
- Department chairs
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Product Code: PC19WA