Advanced Online Seminar: Transgender Students and Creating a Safe, Inclusive, and Legally Compliant Environment
$297.00 – $497.00
You’ll learn about the legal rights of transgender students and what your college or university must do to be in compliance. You’ll learn what policies and procedures should be reviewed and, if necessary, revised to include specific protection for transgender students.
Transgender Students and Title IX: A Practical, How-to Guide for Higher Ed Institutions
In May 2016 the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) issued new guidance on the rights of transgender students. Although most higher education institutions have always committed to providing an inclusive, safe, and nondiscriminatory environment for all students, they continue to struggle with implementing some of the finer points of this provision, especially as it relates to Title IX.
If you’ve worked on policies and procedures that ensure the legal and ethical treatment of transgender students and staff across campus but still believe that you need to do more, it might be time to get some help. This online seminar from Magna Publications could be just what you need.
Early in 2016, Magna Publications held an online seminar featuring Ms. Debora Osgood, an expert on the civil rights laws and regulations that govern colleges and universities, who provided an introduction to the new guidance system for all education levels. Her new online seminar entitled Advanced Online Seminar: Transgender Students and Creating a Safe, Inclusive, and Legally Compliant Environment, offers more practical, how-to guidance designed specifically for colleges and universities.
After participating in this online seminar, you will be able to:
- Recognize the challenges faced by transgender students and staff and what you can do to overcome them
- Create programs and services that respect the legal rights of transgender individuals
- Assess your institutions programs, services, and activities in light of current Title IX requirements on the treatment of transgender students and staff
- Create a safe and inclusive environment for transgender students and employees
- Teach faculty and staff the correct names to use when communicating with transgender students
- Support the needs that transgender students need at your institution
- Protect the privacy of all students, including transgender students
- Serve transgender students at single-sex colleges and universities
You’ll learn about the legal rights of transgender students and what your college or university must do to be in compliance. You’ll learn what policies and procedures should be reviewed and, if necessary, revised to include specific protection for transgender students. Be sure that you include your entire school community in the process so that any revisions you make will meet the needs of all students and staff, including those who are transgender.
Although it’s important to create an all-inclusive environment for your students, there are significant legal concerns to consider as well. By addressing these concerns now, you can avoid possible litigation that would be both costly and time consuming—not to mention embarrassing to your institution—and you’ll avoid the biggest risk of noncompliance: loss of your federal funding.
Whether you’re a Title IX coordinator, general or legal counsel, athletics director, academic dean, academic affairs personnel, human resources professional, or diversity director—any educator who focuses on gender identity access and support issues at a college or university campus—this webinar is a must-attend event.
Order today and you’ll learn about the legal rights of transgender students and what your college or university must do to be in compliance. You’ll learn what policies and procedures should be reviewed and, if necessary, revised to include specific protection for transgender students.
Product Code: OC16CA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart