Create Influence Beyond Campus: Video Basics for Faculty
$297.00 – $497.00
Learn multiple ways to conceptualize video use in and out of the classroom. Explore video’s role in various aspects of academic life, as well as how video can help establish your expertise and open opportunities beyond the classroom.
Classroom video started as recorded lectures, but then morphed into searchable lectures or dividing lectures into chunks.
But by thinking about video a little differently—in terms of microlectures, series, and challenge videos—you’ll not only better engage your students but also make a bigger impact on a greater group of people. This in turn can lead to a vast array of opportunities to establish your expertise in your field, increase your exposure, and acquire greater grant and research funding.
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Create Influence Beyond Campus: Video Basics for Faculty, presented by Jill Schiefelbein. You’ll learn multiple ways to conceptualize video use in and out of the classroom. Explore videos role in various aspects of academic life as well as how video can help establish your expertise and open opportunities beyond the classroom.
In the academic world, your credentials matter. But if you’re trying to attract grants and research funding, having a visible presence outside the academy is important. This seminar will help you understand how to create engaging video content that impacts your exposure and can lead to grant and funding opportunities, publicity, and a broader dissemination of your knowledge.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the vast possibilities for video creation and promotion
- Dissect the reasons why searchability impacts consumption
- Implement five techniques for conceptualizing different types of videos
- Understand the pros and cons of multiple video distribution methods/channels
- The role video plays in attracting grants and research funding
- The reasons why having a visible and credible presence outside of the academy is important
- Why the video format is a primary way to communicate content to the billions of people searching for information
- Statistics about the use of video, relevance of video, and the amount of video consumed
- Examples illustrating the fundamental change in how people search for information, and how experts emerge from all places now
- Five different ways of using video to increase credibility, exposure, and engagement for you, your academic unit, and/or your research
- How livestreaming can bring new life to your teaching, research, projects, departments and units, and institution
This seminar will cover the following questions
- Why should faculty and academics create video content?
- How do I get more views on my YouTube videos?
- Whats the best place to publish video content for exposure?
- How do I get started with livestreaming video?
Faculty, adjuncts, graduate teaching assistants, faculty developers, instructional designers, and online education program coordinators will benefit from viewing this seminar.
By learning to create, share, and stream video, instructors become more successful in communicating and solving problems for a broad audience, leading to increased opportunities to establish expertise and credibility. Register for this seminar today to gain a plethora of easy-to-use tips and tricks, simple step-by-step guidelines, and new perspectives on using video as a communication tool.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18BA