MAGNA ONLINE SEMINARS
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Preparing Students for Thoughtful, Ethical Decision Making
This Magna Online Seminar addresses ways faculty can provide students with skills to identify and contend with ethical matters in specific disciplines and professions, civic life, and as part of the educational process (including academic integrity and interpersonal interactions).
All too often, we hear news items on sobering events resulting from ethical decisions—or the lack thereof.
Incidents occur in every discipline and profession, and can have serious, wide-ranging implications. Are we doing enough in our teaching to prepare students to thoughtfully address the dilemmas they may face? This online seminar addresses ways faculty can provide students with skills to identify and contend with ethical matters in specific disciplines and professions, civic life, and as part of the educational process (including academic integrity and interpersonal interactions). We will also discuss ethical considerations for instructors—particularly those new to the profession—around dilemmas they often encounter, including grading, recommendation letters, and boundaries in interactions with students.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify disciplinary ethical issues students may encounter and should be prepared to address
- Create engaging, relevant lessons and assignments that foster student ethical awareness and thoughtful responses
- Explore options for assessing student learning on dealing with ethical concerns
- Determine ways to consider and address dilemmas that arise in your role as an educator
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Definitions: what we mean when we talk about ethical awareness among students and professionals
- The significance of this subject: why teach ethical awareness and personal responsibility
- Skills students can develop as a result of these lessons
- Methods of teaching this subject: formats, content, learning activities, assessment and outcomes of these lessons
- Considerations for faculty regarding their own ethical concerns, particularly those related to their roles as instructors
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Department Chairs
- Faculty Developers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19PA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart