How Can Universities Increase Employee Engagement in an Era of Increased Workforce Competition?
Employee engagement is not your employees satisfaction or happiness. While these are important, employee engagement is actually the emotional commitment the employee has to the organization and its goals. According to a 2017 Gallup Poll, only a third of U.S. employees are actively engaged in their workplace while more than half are disengaged or are looking outside of the organization for work. If employees aren’t engaged, then productivity, morale, innovation, and turnover all take substantial blows, which directly affects the bottom line.
These stakes are exponentially higher in higher education where the success of our future-our students-depends on having engaged faculty and staff. This 20-Minute Mentor details the concept of employee engagement, gives insight into what an engaged higher education workplace looks like, and shares successful strategies for engaging faculty and staff.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the major threats to their department/college that can result from a low employee engagement
- Discuss the key factors that contribute to an engaged higher education workplace
- Describe several proven strategies for improving faculty and staff engagement
- Identify ways to adapt proven strategies to one’s own department/college
- The negative impacts low employee engagement can cause to organizations
- Essential elements that support an engaged higher education workplace
- Recognized approaches to improving faculty and staff engagement
- Methods to adapt proven strategies to your own department/college
This program will benefit:
- Higher education leaders at any level
- Aspiring higher education leaders
Product Code: OM20ED