Magna On-Demand Seminars
Online Course Design Strategies to Increase Student Completion Rates
This seminar offers practical course design strategies to facilitate equitable learning opportunities for all learners by leveraging transparent design and Universal Design for Learning principles.
Online enrollments are on the rise, even as overall enrollments decline.
As an increasingly diverse student body flocks online to meet their educational goals, online completion rates are not yet on par with traditional classrooms and are more problematic for students outside of the once-traditional student demographic. This seminar offers practical course design strategies to facilitate equitable learning opportunities for all learners by leveraging transparent design and Universal Design for Learning principles.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand general online learning trends
- Analyze various factors that impact online course completion
- Apply practical and equity-based strategies to increase online completion rates
- Create an online learning environment that encourages higher completion rates
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Online learning trends
- Equitable education considerations
- Practical course design strategies
- Transparent design and Universal Design for Learning principles
- Demonstration course
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Program directors
- Program or discipline chairs
- Instructional deans
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19TA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart