Megwen Loveless, PhD, has been teaching Portuguese and developing curricula for the Portuguese classroom for over fifteen years. She has taught at Harvard and Princeton universities and is currently the director of the Basic Language program in Portuguese at Tulane University. Her pedagogy emphasizes the use of music, popular culture, and new media, as well as innovative teaching methods and expansion of the language program outside of the traditional classroom. She got her doctoral in the Cultural Anthropology department at Harvard University in 2010 and has encouraged colleagues across disciplines to acknowledge the importance of teaching culture in the language classroom.
Last Updated: 05-28-2020.
- Faculty, On-Demand Seminars, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Seminars, Technology in Online Courses
- An Online Educator’s Guide to Using Zoom Features to Enhance Student Interactivity
- $39.00 – $697.00
- Only a few months ago, educators across the world were plunged into the world of distance learning with very little and often no training whatsoever. As teachers and administrators prepare for the Fall 2020 semester, this Magna Online Seminar will help you keep your online synchronous classroom from being simply lecture-based through a variety of interactive learning techniques that will keep your synchronous classroom buzzing.
- Select options
- 20-Minute Mentors, Active and Engaged Students, Faculty, Magna All Access, Mentor Commons
- How Can I Spark Conversation in the Classroom?
- $19.00 – $399.00
- Student engagement—especially in conversation and peer interaction—can be a big challenge for college educators. This program introduces four tried-and-true techniques to create a learning environment that is literally buzzing with student conversation.
- Select options