Lawrence (Larry) C. Ragan has played a leadership role in the development of Penn State's World Campus since the start of the initiative in 1998 serving as the director of Instructional Design and Development, director of Faculty Development, and most recently appointed as co-director of the Center for Online Innovation in Learning. Ragan presents internationally on the topics quality assurance online, instructional design, multimedia integration, faculty development programming, and instructional design for distance and blended education.
Ragan has served in leadership roles as co-director of the EDUCAUSE Learning Technology Leadership program and co-director of the PSU/Sloan-C Institute for Emerging Leadership in Online Learning. He has directed the design and development of a faculty development service for Penn State's Academic Outreach which addresses the needs of learners via online (the World Campus), continuing education, and the video-learning network. Ragan holds a PhD in instructional systems, a MEd and a BS in agricultural education all from the Pennsylvania State University.
- Faculty, Leadership, Magna All Access, Magna Commons, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Supporting Online Faculty
- The Top 10 Faculty Challenges for Teaching Online
- $297.00 – $497.00
- We provide a balanced, well-informed look at the top 10 challenges faculty face in the online classroom and what you can do to help.
- Select options
- 20-Minute Mentors, Faculty, Magna All Access, Mentor Commons, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback
- I’m Teaching Online Next Term. What Do I Have to Know?
- $49.00 – $199.00
- If you're teaching your first online class next semester, and you're completely confident you know exactly what to do…then you're probably the first. If, on the other hand, you have more questions than answers, this program is tailor-made for you. We provide you with a 12-step framework for online teaching success.
- Select options