Perry C. Francis, EdD, is a professor of counseling and the coordinator of the Counseling Training Clinic in the College of Education Clinical Suite at Eastern Michigan University. Francis is a member of the American College Counseling Association (ACCA) and has served on the leadership team as a Board Member-at-Large and as the president. He is also a member of the American Counseling Association (ACA). Francis has presented on numerous topics concerning the development and application of ethics and values, suicide prevention and intervention, and professional issues impacting counseling practice at conferences in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. He has also written numerous journal articles and book chapters and provided webinars on classroom management, working with disruptive and disrespectful students, veterans mental health issues on campus, and campus mental health issues for Magna Publications and Paperclip Communications. Francis is also an authorized trainer for the Suicide Prevention Resource Centers curriculum on the Assessing & Managing Suicide Risk: Core Competencies for University & College Mental Health Providers.
Francis earned his EdD in counselor education from the University of Northern Colorado and a BA from the University of Arizona.
- On-Demand Seminars, Online Course Design and Preparation, Student Support
- How to Help Students Build Resiliency & Overcome Their Obstacles
- Every year, residential life staff and student affairs counselors see an increasing number of students enter college with some type of psychological problem or mental illness. They are presented with reams of data and survey results highlighting the increased risk and problems this generation of students has to face when going to school.
- Select options
- Course Delivery and Instruction, Faculty, Magna All Access, Magna Commons, On-Demand Seminars, Online Course Design and Preparation
- Classroom Management 102: Working with Difficult Students
- $297.00 – $497.00
- Do the faculty members at your school know how to respond effectively when confronted by uncooperative or even aggressive students? Find out how to successfully manage the full-range of student behavior problems. We use role play scenarios of problematic classroom behaviors to share strategies for responding effectively.
- Select options