Justin M. Smith is the director of Center for Teaching and Learning at Texas A&M University-San Antonio. Previously, he served as the assistant director and academic coordinator of Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at the University of South Dakota. Before that he was Fides program coordinator at the Universitys Center for Teaching and Learning. His academic interests include leadership development, student veteran success in higher education, and the scholarship of teaching and learning. He has experience teaching courses in leadership development and six years of experience in student services as a campus minister.
Smith holds a PhD in leadership studies and an MS in leadership education from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Faculty, Magna All Access, Magna Commons, On-Demand Seminars, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Student Support
- From Rucksack to Backpack: Ensuring Student Veteran Success
- The transition from deployment to college life can pose a significant challenge for student veterans. While service members have many assets-maturity, leadership experience, and sound commitment—they also often carry visible and invisible disabilities, such as post traumatic stress disorder. Learn how to ease the transition and leverage the strengths of veterans in your classroom in this seminar.
- Select options
- 20-Minute Mentors, Course Delivery and Instruction, Faculty, Magna All Access, Mentor Commons, Specific Student Populations
- How Do I Accommodate Student Veterans with Disabilities?
- $49.00 – $199.00
- Veterans returning to higher education face cognitive and physical challenges. Discover effective responses to the learning needs of today's disabled student veterans and understand the impact of acquired disabilities on learning.
- Select options