The Teaching Professor Conference is looking for education student volunteers to help us with some light work at the conference this June. We have also created a role for return attendees that want to be more involved.
In exchange for volunteer hours, students will receive a free conference registration. Tasks that need support include:
- Registration Desk—Check in attendees and hand out name badge and material
- Sign Language interpreters—ASL credentials required
- Tech Checks—Check in on each session before it starts to ensure they are set up, reach out to the AV support to help with any technical problems with projects or speakers
- Head Counts—After the start of each session, count how many participants are in the room
- Usher— Assist attendees with directions to session rooms
- Pre-Con Door Check—Check in attendees as they arrive to the preconference workshops
- Runner—Misc tasks like running to the supply room for registration materials, taking a cable to a presenter, relaying messages, etc.
Return attendees may apply to be Teaching Professor Conference Ambassadors. In this role, they will participate in the new attendee meeting, answer questions new participants may have, engage those looking lost or alone, host a meal table or coffee conversation, and act as a liaison between attendees and Magna staff. We will be accepting up to 5 volunteers.
As a thank you, all TPC Ambassadors will receive a special discount code for 10% off of next year’s Teaching Professor Conference registration.