Shantell Strickland-Davis, PhD, is the executive director of the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence Online at Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte, N.C. She is very passionate about community college faculty and developing innovative teaching techniques. Strickland-Davis serves as a consultant to all units of the college in the design and development of faculty development programming and resources that support teaching and learning excellence. Her research agenda includes understanding the ways in which community college faculty are best supported through classroom instruction, assessment, and engagement.
Strickland-Davis has earned a BA in sociology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, MA in instructional design from Appalachian State University, and a PhD in education from Old Dominion University.
Last Updated: 05-28-2020.
- Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Online Seminar - Live, Online Seminars, Strategic Planning
- The Role of Educational Developers in Teaching and Learning Excellence
- $297.00 – $497.00
- For educational developers who help faculty in any aspect of course preparation, delivery, or professional development, this Magna Online Seminar links this professional role to student achievement and success. You will take away a solid understanding of how educational development is vital in teaching and learning excellence and how it’s a discipline of supporting high quality student learning experiences.
- Select options
- 20-Minute Mentors, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Magna All Access, Mentor Commons
- How Can Social Learning be Used as a Reflective Practice in Faculty Development?
- $99.00 – $199.00
- Engaged and motivated faculty directly impact student success. This is why effective faculty development is essential! This program details a unique perspective on how to design and deliver programming for faculty success using social learning theory, where faculty are able to interact and learn directly from their peers.
- Select options