Rev. Jamie Washington serves as the president and founder of the Washington Consulting Group (WCG), a multicultural organizational development firm out of Baltimore, MD. He is also a senior consultant with The Equity Consulting Group of California, president and a founder of the Social Justice Training Institute, and has served as the assistant vice president for student affairs at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC). Washington has been an educator, administrator, and consultant in higher education for over 32 years. He has spoken all over the US, as well as in Canada and South Africa. He is a life member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc, the Co-Pastor of Unity Fellowship Church of Baltimore. Known as The Engagement Specialist, he sees himself as an instrument of change.
Washington earned his BS in Therapeutic Recreation and Music from Slippery Rock State College, a double master's of science from Indiana University/Bloomington, a PhD in college student development with emphasis on multicultural education from the University of Maryland College Park. Washington also holds an MDiv from the Howard University's School of Divinity.
- Institutional Culture, Leadership, Magna All Access, Magna Commons, On-Demand Seminars
- Reframing Resistance to Achieve Cultural Change
- Resistance doesnt have to derail your work. You can learn to reframe the resistance you encounter and use it to fuel your efforts. By shifting your perspective and embracing resistance as part of the change process, it can become a tool instead of an obstacle to your goals. Learn how to harness the power of resistance from two national change-management experts with this seminar.
- Select options
- Certified Student Leader, OC Discounts, Online Courses, Student Leadership
- Certified Student Leader: Group Fundamentals
- This online course helps students learn some of the most important lessons in effective leadership, gleaned from the best practices of successful organizations worldwide. It covers critical skills the students need to be an effective student leader both in college and beyond. Current Enrollees — Log In to View Course
- Add to cart