15 Practical Strategies to Re-energize Mid-career Teachers
$297.00 – $497.00
A challenging economy has resulted in larger class sizes, increased workloads and more stress for faculty at colleges and universities across the country. Times like these can make it tough for educators to stay enthusiastic, but it’s vital that they do so, for the sake of their students, their institutions, their careers, and their own well-being. This seminar will teach you how you can innovate your way past career stagnation and engage your students like never before.
Boosting Your Teaching Career
Engaged and energized faculty are the lifeblood of educational institutions.
Yet while considerable effort goes into acclimating new faculty, far less is done for mid-career teachers.
A challenging economy has resulted in larger class sizes, increased workloads, and more stress for faculty at colleges and universities across the country.
Times like these can make it tough for educators to stay enthusiastic, but it’s vital that they do so, for the sake of their students, their institutions, their careers, and their own well-being.
Energize your campus community. In this 90-minute seminar, you learn about a three-tiered approach to keeping educators inspired and see how techniques as simple as using a different text, or as involved as starting a pedagogical research project, can re-ignite the zest for teaching.
Designed to engage educators with everything from a minimal to a substantial time commitment, these real-world techniques will help you:
- Identify areas where innovation will energize your teaching
- Select from three different levels of engagement to help choose a technique to energize your teaching
- Activate your educational creativity and design courses that keep you and your students excited about the content
- Help colleagues find their own strategies to re-energize their teaching.
This seminar is designed for educational professionals who want to improve and refine their teaching—and help others do the same, including mid-career faculty, administrators and faculty developers. People in the following positions can particularly benefit from this video online seminar:
- Course developers
- Instructional designers
Order today-keeping faculty energized and involved is a campus-wide concern.
Extra Tools to Put Your New Strategies to Work
This video online seminar includes supplemental materials to help implement the 15 practical techniques you’ll learn about. Handouts providing background information, additional resources and questions for further discussion will help you get and stay energized. You’ll also receive a copy of the Discussion Guide for Facilitators, with the tools you need to get your whole campus innovating their way to improved educational practices. The Guide will help you share best practices throughout departments and keep the conversation going across campus.
Product Code: PC11CA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart