Magna On-Demand Seminars
Create Influence Beyond Campus: Video Basics for Faculty
Learn multiple ways to conceptualize video use in and out of the classroom. Explore video’s role in various aspects of academic life, as well as how video can help establish your expertise and open opportunities beyond the classroom.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Classroom video started as recorded lectures, but then morphed into searchable lectures or dividing lectures into chunks.
But by thinking about video a little differently—in terms of microlectures, series, and challenge videos—you’ll not only better engage your students but also make a bigger impact on a greater group of people. This in turn can lead to a vast array of opportunities to establish your expertise in your field, increase your exposure, and acquire greater grant and research funding.
In this Magna Online Seminar, presented by Jill Schiefelbein, you’ll learn multiple ways to conceptualize video use in and out of the classroom. Explore videos role in various aspects of academic life as well as how video can help establish your expertise and open opportunities beyond the classroom.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the vast possibilities for video creation and promotion
- Dissect the reasons why searchability impacts consumption
- Implement five techniques for conceptualizing different types of videos
- Understand the pros and cons of multiple video distribution methods/channels
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- The role video plays in attracting grants and research funding
- The reasons why having a visible and credible presence outside of the academy is important
- Why the video format is a primary way to communicate content to the billions of people searching for information
- Statistics about the use of video, relevance of video, and the amount of video consumed
- Examples illustrating the fundamental change in how people search for information, and how experts emerge from all places now
- Five different ways of using video to increase credibility, exposure, and engagement for you, your academic unit, and/or your research
- How livestreaming can bring new life to your teaching, research, projects, departments and units, and institution
This seminar will cover the following questions
- Why should faculty and academics create video content?
- How do I get more views on my YouTube videos?
- Whats the best place to publish video content for exposure?
- How do I get started with livestreaming video?
Who should attend?
- Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Faculty Developers
- Instructional Designers
- Online Education Program Coordinators
Why you don’t want to miss this!
In the academic world, your credentials matter. But if you’re trying to attract grants and research funding, having a visible presence outside the academy is important. This seminar will help you understand how to create engaging video content that impacts your exposure and can lead to grant and funding opportunities, publicity, and a broader dissemination of your knowledge.
By learning to create, share, and stream video, instructors become more successful in communicating and solving problems for a broad audience, leading to increased opportunities to establish expertise and credibility. Register for this seminar today to gain a plethora of easy-to-use tips and tricks, simple step-by-step guidelines, and new perspectives on using video as a communication tool.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC18BA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart