Magna On-Demand Seminars
Energize Your Lectures to Help Students Meaningfully Engage with Your Subject
Gain insight into your possible teaching blind spots, learn the power of using concrete examples to help students grasp abstract concepts, explore the wide variety of example types that can be used in teaching, and learn the most effective pacing of examples in a course.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Most college teachers enter their classrooms with thousands of hours of experience in their chosen field and typically face students who have little to no experience with that field of study.
In this setting, teachers may take for granted all that they know and are able to do. In a sense, they expect students to get inside their head. This has been called expert blind spot—experts have a difficult time seeing or meeting the needs of relative novices which can be challenging in teaching.
This Magna Online Seminar discusses ways to overcome this expert blind spot by addressing how to harness the power of examples, case studies, visualizations, and stories to help students meaningfully engage with your subject. You’ll learn how to recognize practical ways you can put Blooms taxonomy to work in your teaching. Learn effective principles and practices regarding the packaging and delivery of course content in digestible, interesting, and motivating ways to both help students begin their own journey of discovery and ultimately accelerate student learning.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify various examples and illustrations
- Implement and sequence various example types in a course
- Recognize when to use examples to achieve the greatest effect
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- One way to take Blooms Taxonomy from theory to practice
- Types of examples to use to accelerate learning
- Effective sequencing of examples and illustrations in a course
- When to integrating examples in teaching
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Associate Deans
- Department Chairs
- Faculty Developers
- Department of Teaching and Learning
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19JA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart