From Cross Examination to Safe Harbors: A New Day in Title IX Compliance
$297.00 – $497.00
This seminar explores updates to Title IX under the Trump administration and keeps participants informed about what they need to know as Title IX continues to take shape.
This seminar addresses the changing Title IX landscape, including draft federal regulations and the move by courts toward more due process in campus proceedings.
It discusses recent Title IX litigation imposing increased due process rights and burdens in Title IX investigations and hearings, and review an overview and analysis of draft proposed regulations from the Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights. The potential impact on the Title IX compliance efforts for colleges and universities, both in terms of compliance risk and the likelihood that Title IX policies will need to be substantially revised once new regulations are in place, is covered. Participants consider the process to provide comments in the rule-making process so that they may plan for input from their institution.
From Cross Examination to Safe Harbors: A New Day in Title IX Compliance, a Magna Online Seminar led by Darren G. Gibson, JD. This seminar discusses the risk associated with legacy Title IX policies and whether institutions should consider interim changes in policies and procedures given the trend toward more due process for parties.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the newest changes to Title IX
- Identify the critical ways in which these changes will impact institutions with respect to Title IX compliance and enforcement on campus
- Increased due process requirements for Title IX hearings, as seen in recent cases
- Proposed Title IX regulations leaked from Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights
- Impact of these recent developments and need to prepare for changes in Title IX policies and procedures going forward
This seminar will benefit:
- VP of student affairs
- Dean of students
- Title IX coordinator
- EEO officers
- University attorney
- Title IX investigator
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: OC18KD
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart