Magna On-Demand Seminars
From Cross Examination to Safe Harbors: A New Day in Title IX Compliance
This Magna Online Seminar discusses the risk associated with legacy Title IX policies and whether institutions should consider interim changes in policies and procedures given the trend toward more due process for parties.
This Magna Online Seminar addresses the changing Title IX landscape, including draft federal regulations and the move by courts toward more due process in campus proceedings.
It discusses recent Title IX litigation imposing increased due process rights and burdens in Title IX investigations and hearings, and review an overview and analysis of draft proposed regulations from the Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights. The potential impact on the Title IX compliance efforts for colleges and universities, both in terms of compliance risk and the likelihood that Title IX policies will need to be substantially revised once new regulations are in place, is covered. Participants consider the process to provide comments in the rule-making process so that they may plan for input from their institution.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the newest changes to Title IX
- Identify the critical ways in which these changes will impact institutions with respect to Title IX compliance and enforcement on campus
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Increased due process requirements for Title IX hearings, as seen in recent cases
- Proposed Title IX regulations leaked from Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights
- Impact of these recent developments and need to prepare for changes in Title IX policies and procedures going forward
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- VP of student affairs
- Dean of students
- Title IX coordinator
- EEO officers
- University attorney
- Title IX investigator
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access after
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC18KD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart