This Magna Online Seminar addresses the changing Title IX landscape, including draft federal regulations and the move by courts toward more due process in campus proceedings.
It discusses recent Title IX litigation imposing increased due process rights and burdens in Title IX investigations and hearings, and review an overview and analysis of draft proposed regulations from the Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights. The potential impact on the Title IX compliance efforts for colleges and universities, both in terms of compliance risk and the likelihood that Title IX policies will need to be substantially revised once new regulations are in place, is covered. Participants consider the process to provide comments in the rule-making process so that they may plan for input from their institution.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the newest changes to Title IX
- Identify the critical ways in which these changes will impact institutions with respect to Title IX compliance and enforcement on campus
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Increased due process requirements for Title IX hearings, as seen in recent cases
- Proposed Title IX regulations leaked from Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights
- Impact of these recent developments and need to prepare for changes in Title IX policies and procedures going forward
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- VP of student affairs
- Dean of students
- Title IX coordinator
- EEO officers
- University attorney
- Title IX investigator
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access after
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC18KD