Magna On-Demand Seminars
Department Chairs: Trends and Issues Over Time
Explore data about a study our expert presenter performed about the roles and responsibilities of the department chair over a 12-year timeframe. Trends will be analyzed over time and issues will be explored regarding the future of the roles and responsibilities of the chair.
This 12-year study will dive into topics regarding the roles, responsibilities, and characteristics of department chairs.
Information in the presentation includes salient characteristics (gender, highest degree earned, academic rank, number of years serving as chair, why they remain as chair, etc.), personal information (degree of satisfaction in being a chair, challenges in serving as chair, etc.), insights into the skills needed to be an effective chair, dealing with non-collegial faculty, and the tasks chairs are called on to perform that they deem as pleasant or unpleasant.
You will explore data about a study Cipriano performed about the roles and responsibilities of the department chair over a 12-year timeframe. Trends will be analyzed over time and issues will be explored regarding the future of the roles and responsibilities of the chair.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- To gain an overall perspective regarding specific areas in which the roles and responsibilities of the chair has evolved by examining a 12-year period
- To predict of the evolving role of a department chair
Here’s what we’ll cover!
Results of a 12-year research study including:
- Characteristics of the department chair
- Skills needed to be an effective chair
- Dealing with non-collegial faculty
- Challenges of serving as chair
- Tasks and responsibilities of being chair
- How the roles and responsibilities of department chairs have changed over time
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Department chairs
- Associate deans
- Assistant deans
- HR personnel
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC18ID
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart