Motivating Students: From Apathetic to Inspired
Learn ways to tweak your course design and instructional methodology to better engage students and foster accountability. You will explore evidence-based strategies that will help you create a learning environment that increases student motivation, interest, and success. You will finish with the information and tools that you need to connect with—and maybe even inspire—modern learners.
$39.00 – $697.00
Motivation 101 for Modern Learners
In a perfect world, all of our students would take our classes because they wanted to, not because they had to. They would arrive early with readings done and assignments completed. They would contribute to discussions and pose compelling questions. They would be completely present, never dozing off, peeking at texts, or fooling around on smartphones during class.
The reality is that there are students in our classes who don’t seem to make much of an effort to prepare, participate, or even show up. Their apathy is palpable, and it shows in their work and your evaluations. What if you could magically change all that?
Well, you can—and you don’t have to be a sorcerer to do it. It turns out that inspiration is as much method as it is magic, and much of what motivates today’s students isn’t really a mystery after all.
Educational psychologists have identified reliable and replicable ways to overcome student apathy and disinterest, and you can learn all about them in Motivating Students: From Apathetic to Inspired, a Magna Online Seminar.
Learn ways to tweak your course design and instructional methodology to better engage students and foster accountability. Explore evidence-based strategies that help create a learning environment that increases student motivation, interest, and success. You will finish this seminar with the information and tools that you need to connect with—and maybe even inspire—modern learners.
Seminar participants will finish with:
- An understanding of current literature on motivating modern learners
- The ability to assess how well current courses and methods are aligned with current research
- Practical steps for improving course design, teaching methods, and assessment practices
Any instructor can learn how to elicit better student behavior. You just need the right information and the right tools. Get both in Motivating Students: From Apathetic to Inspired.
In this Magna Online Seminar, learn practical steps you can take to:
- Increase student participation
- Apply educational psychology discoveries to your own teaching methods
- Assess whether current course designs and assessments align with research findings
- Improve student preparedness
- Incorporate new instructional tools and methods that better motivate Millennial learners
- Boost student attendance
While nothing guarantees that you’ll never face another blank stare from a student in the second row, you can minimize student apathy by making some high-impact changes to your teaching style and tools.
Whether you work at a two-year, four-year, public, or private institution, this seminar is invaluable to any instructor in any discipline. Student support professionals and administrators will also find the information relevant.
Some of the job titles that will benefit from watching Motivating Students: From Apathetic to Inspired include:
- Associate professors
- Graduate students acting as teaching assistants
So don’t wait for your students to find their motivation when you can lead them to it. Order this seminar today!
Product Code: PL13EA
FEATURED MAGNA PRODUCTS
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Magna Seminar Series
- Add to cart
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.