Can one conference really make you a better leader?
(Don’t worry, it’s a trick question.)
Here’s the thing: only you are in charge of your choices. You see opportunities and take them. You press forward courageously, willing to make mistakes and learn from them.
You are a leader.
And you can become a better one.
It doesn’t happen magically. Becoming a better leader takes time. It takes risk. It takes learning all you can about yourself, the people you will lead, and the direction you want to go to improve your community.
But most of all, it takes putting into practice all those things you’re learning.
The National Conference on Student Leadership is famous for helping students put their newfound leadership skills into practice. Every workshop and keynote speaker dishes out practical steps and gives you an opportunity to take those steps.
With this year’s format, you can experience all the sessions in these workshop blocks:
- 21st Century Leadership
- Leadership for Change and Inclusivity
- Communication for Leaders
- Life Skills and Personal Development
- Self-care and Wellness
- Advisor-Only Workshops
For more than 40 years, NCSL has been the number one conference dedicated to helping students develop and apply new leadership skills. When you attend NCSL, you will learn the latest in leadership principles, you will meet people like you—and people nothing like you—who are leading others on campuses around the country.
- You’ll be inspired to create change by the way you communicate
- You’ll understand how to take care of yourself even while you help others succeed
- You’ll see a big picture overview of issues that today’s college students face, while zeroing in on meaningful ways to make a difference for individuals
- You’ll get practical steps to run your student organization and learn how to recruit and motivate new members
- You’ll join a network of like-minded peers
- You’ll feel more confident about your post-college opportunities because you will have practiced networking, resume writing, interviewing, financial planning and leadership
Will the conference magically turn you into a better leader? No. Only you can do that for yourself. But NCSL will give you every opportunity and resource you need to become a great leader.
NCSL is where lifelong leadership begins!
We can’t wait to meet you!