Can one conference really make you a better leader?
(Don’t worry, it’s a trick question.)
Here’s the thing: only you are in charge of your choices. You see opportunities and take them. You press forward courageously, willing to make mistakes and learn from them.
You are a leader.
And you can become a better one.
It doesn’t happen magically. Becoming a better leader takes time. It takes risk. It takes learning all you can about yourself, the people you will lead, and the direction you want to go to improve your community.
But most of all, it takes putting into practice all those things you’re learning.
The National Conference on Student Leadership is famous for helping students put their newfound leadership skills into practice. Every workshop and keynote speaker dishes out practical steps and gives you an opportunity to take those steps.
With this year’s format, you can experience all the sessions in these workshop blocks:
- 21st Century Leadership
- Communication for Leaders
- Leadership for Change and Inclusivity
- Life Skills and Personal Development
- Self-care and Wellness
- Advisor Training Experience
For more than 40 years, NCSL has been the number one conference dedicated to helping students develop and apply new leadership skills. When you attend NCSL, you will learn the latest in leadership principles, you will meet people like you—and people nothing like you—who are leading others on campuses around the country.
- You’ll be inspired to create change by the way you communicate
- You’ll understand how to take care of yourself even while you help others succeed
- You’ll see a big picture overview of issues that today’s college students face, while zeroing in on meaningful ways to make a difference for individuals
- You’ll get practical steps to run your student organization and learn how to recruit and motivate new members
- You’ll join a network of like-minded peers
- You’ll feel more confident about your post-college opportunities because you will have practiced networking, resume writing, interviewing, financial planning and leadership
Will the conference magically turn you into a better leader? No. Only you can do that for yourself. But NCSL will give you every opportunity and resource you need to become a great leader.
NCSL is where lifelong leadership begins!
We can’t wait to meet you!
- Independent. Your feedback alone directly affects our speakers, topics, activities, and location selection every year.
- Personalized. You create the conference you need by customizing your workshop schedule. Our App makes it easy.
- Inclusive and Diverse. Benefit from hearing different perspectives and connecting with people from completely different backgrounds.
- Fun with a Purpose. Get off your seats and on your feet from the very first welcome session.
- Membership. Develop a culture of championing student leadership at your campus. Member Institutions receive significant benefits. Attend NCSL in 2022 and receive a free NCSL Membership for your campus!
NCSL over-delivers on all fronts:
- World-class presenters
- Interactive sessions
- Customizable workshop schedule
- Diverse attendees and campuses
- Next-Gen leadership strategies
- Inclusive networking for all personality types
- Personal and professional development you’ll use for the rest of your life
- Legendary facilitators
- ADA friendly
People who attend NCSL gain much more than information. They leave NCSL encouraged, inspired, and equipped with what to do next.
Leave your preconceived ideas of what a conference is. NCSL is unlike any conference you’ve been to.
But don’t just take our word for it…
Why Attend NCSL in 2022
NCSL exists to develop strong student leaders and to inspire the advisors who support them.
We know there are amazing and talented students doing important work across the country! When students lead, they gain essential skills. Companies want to hire students with proven records of leadership experience.
But employers are having a hard time finding people with the right skill sets for the job. College students aren’t learning enough about critical thinking, communication, or conflict management. They crave help #adulting.
At NCSL, students will gain new leadership skills and practice them right away. They will create an implementation plan to take back to their campus.
World Class PresentationsEvery keynote is research-based educational content delivered in a culturally relevant way. The NCSL speakers and workshop leaders deliver cutting-edge presentations that do more than just motivate students. They give students tangible skills to lead on campus and beyond. Be prepared for an unforgettable conference experience! Think of each of the keynotes as an un-keynote designed to get you thinking, networking and difference-making.
Speakers Who Get You
Our speakers move beyond theory into practical application because they’ve been right where you are. They are business owners, advocates, advisors, teachers, professors, entrepreneurs, poets, and artists. They are first-generation college grads, children of immigrants, and people busting the status quo on a regular basis.
They get you. And they want to relate with you during the conference.
“My favorite part of the conference was interacting with the presenters and speakers, whether it was during keynotes, workshops, or just meeting them outside of the rooms.”
Build the best conference for your needs with a customizable workshop schedule. Plan to attend any session in any track. Make this conference your own!
Workshop topics include:
- innovative leadership for changing times
- inclusive leadership
- communication skills for leaders
- life skills and personal development
- self-care and wellness
Advisors—check out the program designed just for you.
When you’re on the student affairs career track, you’re dealing with a bit of everything. Discipline. Counseling. Marketing. Event planning. Emergency response. It’s a lot. We get it.
The NCSL Advisor Experience is custom crafted to deliver content that will help you tackle your biggest challenges in student affairs.
Use the NCSL App to Connect & Coordinate
Download the NCSL App to connect with other conference attendees ahead of time. Use the app during the conference so you’ll always know when and where you’re supposed to be. And after the conference, you’ll be able to download speaker handouts and other info to help you apply all that you learned to your day-to-day life on campus.
Attend NCSL if you are:
A student, especially a third- or fourth-year student
On a campus activities
other extracurricular organizations
Interested in becoming a
leader on your campus
students and student leaders in any capacity
NCSL Helps You Lead
Better than Ever
We aim to make every conference better than the last. We bring back beloved speakers and invite many new ones. Alumni become workshop leaders. Every conference has its own vibe.
But there’s one thing that always stays the same: our dedication to being the best conference on student leadership.
You have it in you already: ideas, strength, empathy, advocacy.
You’re already a leader on your campus—whether you’re in charge of one person or a hundred. You have what it takes to make a difference. The world needs your voice. Don’t miss your chance to become a GREAT leader.