Why Should You Attend NCSL?
Companies want to hire students with proven records of leadership experience. But employers are having a hard time finding people with the right skill sets for the job. College students aren’t learning enough about critical thinking, communication, or conflict management. They crave help #adulting.
NCSL is famous for helping students put their newfound leadership skills into practice. Every workshop and keynote speaker dishes out practical steps and gives you an opportunity to take those steps.
When you attend NCSL:
- You’ll be inspired to create change by the way you communicate
- You’ll understand how to take care of yourself even while you help others succeed
- You’ll see a big picture overview of issues that today’s college students face, while zeroing in on meaningful ways to make a difference for individuals
- You’ll get practical steps to run your student organization and learn how to recruit and motivate new members
- You’ll join a network of like-minded peers
- You’ll feel more confident about your post-college opportunities because you will have practiced networking, resume writing, interviewing, financial planning and leadership
NCSL is where lifelong leadership begins!
But don’t just take our word for it…
The National Conference on Student Leadership is:
- Independent. Your feedback alone directly affects our speakers, topics, activities, and location selection every year.
- Personalized. You create the conference you need by customizing your workshop schedule. Our App makes it easy.
- Inclusive and Diverse. Benefit from hearing different perspectives and connecting with people from completely different backgrounds.
- Fun with a Purpose. Get off your seats and on your feet from the very first welcome session.
- Membership. Develop a culture of championing student leadership at your campus. Member Institutions receive significant benefits. Attend NCSL in 2024 and receive a free NCSL Membership for your campus!
NCSL over-delivers on all fronts:
- World-class presenters
- Interactive sessions
- Customizable workshop schedule
- Diverse attendees and campuses
- Next-Gen leadership strategies
- Inclusive networking for all personality types
- Personal and professional development you’ll use for the rest of your life
- Legendary facilitators
- ADA friendly
People who attend NCSL gain much more than information. They leave NCSL encouraged, inspired, and equipped with what to do next.
Leave your preconceived ideas of what a conference is. NCSL is unlike any conference you’ve been to.
World Class PresentationsEvery keynote is research-based educational content delivered in a culturally relevant way. The NCSL speakers and workshop leaders deliver cutting-edge presentations that do more than just motivate students. They give students tangible skills to lead on campus and beyond. Be prepared for an unforgettable conference experience! Think of each of the keynotes as an un-keynote designed to get you thinking, networking and difference-making.
Speakers Who Get You
Our speakers move beyond theory into practical application because they’ve been right where you are. They are business owners, advocates, advisors, teachers, professors, entrepreneurs, poets, and artists. They are first-generation college grads, children of immigrants, and people busting the status quo on a regular basis.
They get you. And they want to relate with you during the conference.
“My favorite part of the conference was interacting with the presenters and speakers, whether it was during keynotes, workshops, or just meeting them outside of the rooms.”
Build the best conference for your needs with a customizable workshop schedule. Plan to attend any session in any track. Make this conference your own!
Workshop topics include:
- innovative leadership for changing times
- inclusive leadership
- communication skills for leaders
- life skills and personal development
- self-care and wellness
Advisors—check out the program designed just for you.
When you’re on the student affairs career track, you’re dealing with a bit of everything. Discipline. Counseling. Marketing. Event planning. Emergency response. It’s a lot. We get it.
The NCSL Advisor Experience is custom crafted to deliver content that will help you tackle your biggest challenges in student affairs.
Use the NCSL App to Connect & Coordinate
Download the NCSL App to connect with other conference attendees ahead of time. Use the app during the conference so you’ll always know when and where you’re supposed to be. And after the conference, you’ll be able to download speaker handouts and other info to help you apply all that you learned to your day-to-day life on campus.
Attend NCSL if you are:
A student, especially a third- or fourth-year student
On a campus activities
other extracurricular organizations
Interested in becoming a
leader on your campus
students and student leaders in any capacity
NCSL Helps You Lead
Better than Ever
We aim to make every conference better than the last. We bring back beloved speakers and invite many new ones. Alumni become workshop leaders. Every conference has its own vibe.
But there’s one thing that always stays the same: our dedication to being the best conference on student leadership.
You have it in you already: ideas, strength, empathy, advocacy.
You’re already a leader on your campus—whether you’re in charge of one person or a hundred. You have what it takes to make a difference. The world needs your voice. Don’t miss your chance to become a GREAT leader.