Title IX policy is now embedded in academia—students, parents, advocates, and the public expect colleges to address the scourge of sexual harassment and violence on American college campuses.
Under the new administration, there have been considerable changes to Title IX policies, making it vital for college campuses to not only remain up-to-date on these changes, but also understand how Title IX policies will continue to shift under the Trump administration.
Rather than taking the wait and see approach to Title IX compliance, this Magna Online Seminar discusses Title IX in a proactive manner. It explores updates to Title IX under the Trump administration and explains how Title IX will continue to take shape.
This seminar covers the recent statements from the Trump administrations Department of Education Office of Civil Rights (OCR) regarding changes in its enforcement priorities and how those changes will likely impact the approach to OCR investigations and the resolution process.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the Trump administration changes and how they were influenced by respondent litigation and advocacy
- Identify the critical ways in which these changes will impact Title IX compliance and enforcement at institutions
- Anticipate and plan for the opportunity to have a voice in the Title IX rule-making process
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- The 2016 election and changes at OCR under the Trump administration (one-year summary)
- Withdrawal of Obama OCR guidance
- Guidance versus regulations: The future of the DCL
- Planned rule-making under the Trump administration
- The backlash of Title IX enforcement and respondent litigation (example cases involving both students and faculty/staff)
- Respondent advocacy (e.g., FIRE, SAVE) and due process concerns on campus (e.g., 2016 letter by law school professors)
- The rise in respondent claims in the past four years
- The impact on Title IX compliance, planning, and enforcement at your institution
Who should attend?
- Vice Presidents of Student Affairs
- Deans of Students
- Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Investigators
- EEO Officers
- University Attorneys
Why you don’t want to miss this!
By addressing the shift in Title IX enforcement to focus more on due process, fairness, and respondent rights, this seminar provides practical guidance for how institutions can plan for the next phase of Title IX compliance and enforcement. In exploring these shifts, participants will stay up-to-date and effective in their work to advocate for students and keep institutions compliant, as well as start to plan for the opportunity to have a voice in the Title IX rule-making process.
Although the full impact of the new administration and OCR leadership is uncertain, it is clear that colleges and universities are in a new era of Title IX enforcement. The focus on due process (and turn away from systemic investigation) will likely have an impact on both Title IX litigation and on Title IX compliance efforts on campuses, with focus on due process concerns for the respondents. This shift will further complicate the role of the university, as it seeks to balance its obligations under Title IX to protect its students from sexual harassment and violence, while also navigating the heightened focus on the due process rights of the respondent.
Stay up-to-date on the national developments and trends in Title IX compliance, enforcement, and litigation by registering for this seminar today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC18AJ