Competency-Based Education at Community Colleges
$297.00 – $497.00
Learn more about what Competency-Based Education (CBE) is, what it can do for you and your students, and how to implement it at your institution.
Keys to Effective Competency-Based Education
- Growing demands for accountability and accessibility
- Increasingly diverse student populations
- Technological innovations
- Changing delivery models
A multitude of factors has colleges and universities everywhere rethinking teaching and learning.
Could competency-based education, or CBE, be part of what higher education needs to thrive in the 21st century?
Learn more about what CBE is, what it can do for you and your students, and how to implement it at your institution with Competency-Based Education at Community Colleges, a Magna Online Seminar.
The term competency-based education refers to alternative credentialing strategies that allow students to progress through course materials at their own pace and demonstrate mastery through assessments, regardless of time spent in class.
Competency-based education is one of the hottest topics in higher education today.
Learn what competency-based education is, what it isn’t, and what processes are required to implement it at almost any institution.
Learn the critical issues for designing a CBE program:
- The nature of developing competencies
- How others have implemented variable-paced student learning and support
- Key characteristics for effective learning resources
- Reasons for linking competencies, learning outcomes, and assessments
- Requirements for effective assessments
Competency-Based Education at Community Colleges provides you with a serious and well-informed consideration of CBE and explores proven implementation techniques.
After participating in this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the benefits and challenges of competency-based education programs
- Describe basic CBE design principles
- Assess the curricular decisions required to create a successful CBE program
- Identify the campus partnerships needed to implement a program
What gets measured gets done. The goal of competency-based education programs is to harness the power of this maxim by predicating academic advancement on students demonstrated achievements.
While some in higher education are wary, this seminar offers evidence that CBE can lead to:
- Increased student retention
- Accelerated progress for adult learners, who can receive academic credit for their experiences
- Better workforce development strategies through targeted competencies
- Improved consistency in learning experiences
- Expanded and cost-effective higher education opportunities
As a comprehensive overview of CBE, Competency-Based Education at Community Colleges will be useful to you whether you have a fundamental, intermediate, or advanced level of familiarity with alternative credentialing strategies.
Although it is often associated with online learning, competency-based education has also been found effective in face-to-face classrooms and blended classrooms as well as in connection with workforce development strategies. With a focus on two-year public colleges, this Magna Online Seminar will be particularly helpful to:
- Chief academic officers
- Distance learning directors/coordinators
- Department chairs
- Student support services professionals
- Career counselors
This presentation does more than explore what all the fuss is about-it shows you how to prepare to successfully implement a CBE program on your campus.
Make sure you’re well informed about this key 21st-century trend by ordering Competency-Based Education at Community Colleges today!
Product Code: NC14FA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart