- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Developing an Effective Faculty Evaluation System
Learn how to create a transparent evaluation process that enables fair, balanced, and important decisions about faculty job performance. This will ultimately have a positive effect on teaching, learning, and the institution as a whole.
When evaluating faculty, student feedback should absolutely be considered—but it shouldn’t be the sole component of measurement.
In order to facilitate balanced faculty evaluation, systems of evaluation should integrate multiple sources of evidence, such as classroom observation, self-evaluation, peer feedback, review of curriculum materials, and much more. This in turn helps foster a holistic view of faculty effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
Developing an Effective Faculty Evaluation System, a Magna Online Seminar, presented by Ken Ryalls, PhD, president of The IDEA Center. You’ll learn how to create a transparent evaluation process that enables fair, balanced, and important decisions about faculty job performance. This will ultimately have a positive effect on teaching, learning, and the institution as a whole.
By implementing the strategies set forth in this seminar, you’ll be able to refine and develop a balanced evaluation process, and build an evaluation system that positively impacts teaching performance, improves learning outcomes and retention, builds faculty morale, fosters communication, and creates a more successful institution.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Further explore the concepts behind developing a balanced faculty evaluation process to devise and revise the process on your campus
- Identify weaknesses in your institutions faculty evaluation process and leverage resources (shared in this seminar) to strengthen the process
- Components of a balanced faculty evaluation
- Student feedback
- Peer feedback
This seminar will benefit deans, chairs, and faculty.
While student feedback does make a substantial contribution to faculty evaluation, an overreliance on this type of feedback can actually inhibit faculty innovation and engagement in the classroom. This seminar will help your institution build a balanced faculty evaluation system that positively impacts teaching and learning. Register for this seminar today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
Product Code: OC18DD
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart