What the research says about what works and what doesn’t in today’s college classroom.
In an interview with Maryellen Weimer, editor of The Teaching Professor,Victor Benassi, a professor of psychology at the University of New Hampshire, explores what the science of learning has established about the way students learn and provides recommendations for applying the resulting principles to teaching in colleges and universities.
So what exactly is the science of learning? What has it taught us about how students learn? And how can you use this information to make your own curriculum more evidence-based?
Get answers to these questions and more when you order Evidence-Based Teaching in Higher Education: Strategies to Improve Student Learning.Listen as our speakers explore the results of research on teaching and learning and introduce you to a range of practical strategies that can make your own teaching more evidence-based and, as a result, improve your students’ ability to learn when they study.
After participating in this online seminar, you will be able to:
- Address the learning needs of today’s college students with evidence-based strategies
- Promote a deeper understanding of the information provided with various teaching practices and learning strategies
- Understand what desirable difficulties are, and why they’re so important in the teaching environment
- How to use desirable difficulties when you teach
- Show students how to learn more when they read
- Explain to your students why multitasking doesn’t work
- Demonstrate to students’ ideal studying conditions for improved learning
Whether you’re faculty or a faculty developer, lecturer, department chair, teaching center staff, or graduate teaching assistant—anyone who wants to better understand how evidence-based teaching can improve student learning and retention—this is one seminar you wont want to miss.
Explore the results of research on teaching and learning and discover a range of practical strategies that can make your own teaching more evidence-based and, as a result, improve your students ability to learn when they study. Order today.
Product Code: PC15QA