Magna On-Demand Seminars
Managing Student Discipline Issues Legally and Effectively
Whether you’re concerned about cheating or legal rights and responsibilities, a proactive approach helps stop problems before they start. We show you how preparation makes the difference in classroom management.
Take a Proactive Approach to Classroom Management
Whether you’re concerned about cheating or legal rights and responsibilities, a proactive approach helps stop problems before they start.
In this Magna Online Seminar, our presenters show you:
- What your syllabus needs to encourage constructive behavior
- How to anticipate the most common classroom management problems
- How to establish a positive tone at your first class.
You’ll explore real-life classroom management and liability issues through case studies.
Preparation makes the difference in college classroom management. After this seminar, you will:
- Understand the rights of students and instructors
- Avoid lawsuits by protecting yours’ and your students’ safety and rights
- Take a proactive approach to disciplinary problems, from cheating to disrupting class to threatening public safety
- Recognize how disciplinary actions affect your liability
You receive these additional materials:
- Sample statements for your syllabus
- Questions for self-assessment
- Questions for further discussion
- The Discussion Guide for Facilitators
This intermediate level seminar is perfect for:
- Department chairs
- Academic deans
- Student affairs personnel dealing with disciplinary issues
- Administrative staff dealing with legal liability.
Order this program today!
Product Code: PC11VA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart