Harness the Power of Resistance
There are just days that we want to throw in the towel and give up because we meet so much resistance.
Sometimes it’s obvious and the roadblocks are tangible—such as budget cuts that all but eliminate important programs.
Other times it’s passive or subtle, such as when surrogates are sent to meetings or when your projects have fallen to the bottom of the agenda.
Yet resistance doesn’t have to derail your work. You can learn to reframe the resistance you encounter and use it to fuel your efforts.
By shifting your perspective and embracing resistance as part of the change process, it can become a tool instead of an obstacle to your goals.
Learn how to harness the power of resistance from two national change-management experts during this seminar.
You will come away with strategies for managing institutional cultural change, adjusting to new leadership, and responding to shifting demographics.
In this seminar you will learn to more accurately recognize your own reactions to resistance, and you will learn to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your strategies for managing it.
In Reframing Resistance to Achieve Culture Change, your presenter prepares you to:
- Identify the actual resistance within your group or larger organization
- Evaluate your response to it
- Reframe conversations in less adversarial terms
- Recognize resistance as a necessary dynamic in systems and culture change
- Elicit more productive responses from colleagues
- Re-engage quiet supporters and activate allies
- Move from enemy to energy mindsets and operational models
- Work with and, ultimately, through resistance to reach goals
- Student affairs administrators
- Diversity office staff
Order now. Change is a constant. Be prepared to manage it. Learn how to reframe discussions and redirect the energy put into resistance toward effective, dynamic growth and change for your organization.
Product Code: LC11FC