Magna On-Demand Seminars
The 10 Myths of Social Justice
Making things right is important. On a college campus, there’s no better place to start than the Student Affairs department. As the focus of some of our most important discussions regarding social justice, SA is where we need to begin to paint a true picture of the concept. We’ll help bring clarity to social justice discussions on your campus and help you assess your own institution in terms of cultural competence and community-building.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Social Justice Issues On Campus
Myths can be innocuous…nobody ever got hurt believing in unicorns.
But they can also be damaging, especially when they pertain to a subject as important as social justice.
When people are dissuaded from embracing social justice concepts because of misinformation and misunderstanding, we all suffer.
Making things right is important … and on a college campus, there’s no better place from which to do so than the Student Affairs department.
As the locus of some of our most important discussions regarding social justice, Student Affairs is where we need to begin to paint a true picture of the concept.
This presentation focuses on social justice myths including:
- That social justice is too vague a concept to be useful
- That social justice is synonymous with diversity or multiculturalism
- That there’s no scholarship on social justice
- That students just aren’t that interested
- That social justice is a liberal cause irrelevant to conservatives
- That good intentions with respect to social justice lead to good outcomes
This eye-opening presentation will help you fine-tune your understanding of social justice and help you advance a social justice agenda on your campus with confidence and assurance.
Product Code: LC10BC
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart