Magna On-Demand Seminars
Title IX Procedures: Reviewing the Final Regulation and What Your Institution Needs to Do to Comply
With announced changes to Title IX regulations and requirements in early 2020, you’ll get an overview of the changes issued by the U.S. Department of Education from a tenured expert in this field and learn how these changes will impact your institution and what you need to do to comply to this final regulation.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
With 25 years as a career attorney with the Office for Civil Rights, our presenter for this Magna Online Seminar, Debbie Osgood, has first-hand experience and expertise on how different administrators of the federal government have interpreted and enforced Title IX. She will provide clarity on what the requirements under the new Title IX rules are, including the Title IX procedural requirements (nondiscrimination notice, Title IX Coordinator, and grievance procedures) and the more prescriptive Title IX requirements for responding to sexual harassment. Debbie will also discuss what schools can do to address sexual misconduct that falls outside the new Title IX rules.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to identify the specific changes needed to your institution’s policies and procedures, organization, and culture under the new Title IX rules.
Who should attend?
- Title IX coordinators and investigators
- Student Conduct officials
- General counsel
- Legal counsel
We’ve provided some more background on the new regulations for your benefit. From the Washington Post, November 25, 2019: “Overall, the regulation describes what constitutes sexual harassment or assault as part of Title IX enforcement, what triggers a schools legal obligation to respond to allegations and how a school must respond. Unlike less formal Obama-era guidance that is being replaced, the new regulation was subject to public comment and, once finalized, will carry the force of law.”
And, “The final regulation will maintain contentious elements of a version proposed a year ago, including a provision requiring universities to allow cross-examination of those alleging sexual harassment or assault, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the rules.”
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC20DD
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart