Transgender Students and Employees: How to Comply with the Latest Title IX Guidance
$297.00 – $497.00
Gain an understanding of Title IX and what the recent guidance means for colleges and universities. Explore the recent guidance at just the right time: as you start to assess your programs and activities in terms of their accessibility to transgender students and staff.
How to create an all-inclusive environment that will protect transgender students and staff, as well as your college or university.
The recent guidance issued by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and Department of Justice (DOJ) makes it clear that the gender a student identifies with must be considered the student’s sex where Title IX is concerned. Although the guidance doesn’t carry the force of law, any institution that does not comply could risk losing its federal funding.
If you’re in education, it’s critical that you know exactly what is expected of you and your institution, and what your obligations are under Title IX. The Obama administration has made it clear that the obligation to ensure nondiscrimination on the basis of sex includes transgender students and staff. Among other things, it means that you must provide equal access to all campus activities.
So how do you ensure that your programs and activities are accessible to all, especially in light of this guidance? What can you do to protect all students, including those who identify as transgender? And what are the risks if you don’t comply?
Get answers to these questions and more when you order Transgender Students and Employees: How to Comply with the Latest Title IX Guidance. Listen as Debbie Osgood, a partner with Hogan Marren Babbo & Rose who has 25 years of experience with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR), provides you with an understanding of Title IX and what this guidance means for colleges and universities. You’ll get the most current interpretation of the recent guidance at just the right time: as you start to assess your programs and activities in terms of their accessibility to transgender students and staff.
After participating in this online seminar, you will be able to:
- Help transgender students and employees overcome common challenges
- Assess your programs and activities in light of the current guidance and what to do if you find problems
- Ensure your institution is in compliance with Title IX and the legal rights of transgender students and staff
- Talk with students who are uncomfortable with transgender students and what you can say or do to allay their concerns
- Create an inclusive environment for transgender students and employees with best practices
Find out what you can do to reduce your risk of losing some or all of your federal funding. And learn how to avoid potential litigation that can be costly and embarrassing. You’ll come away with steps you can take to improve compliance while creating a more inclusive atmosphere for all your students.
Whether you’re a Title IX coordinator, general counsel, superintendent, academic dean, principal—any faculty or staff who wants the most current information on the Title IX guidance as it applies to transgender students and employees in education—this is one seminar you cant afford to miss.
Order today and improve Title IX compliance with a more inclusive environment for all students.
Product Code: SC16CC
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart