How Can Screencasted Feedback Enhance Student Comprehension?
It's proven that feedback is one of the most important influences on improving performance and student learning. Screencasting provides faculty a simple, efficient, and effective way to provide personal feedback, which allows the student to better understand the nuances of the comments and the points the instructor is communicating. This personal feedback results in better retention of the comments and the course content itself. This program will teach you how to incorporate screencasted feedback into your teaching without creating a significant time burden or adding to your workload.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Recognize that screencasting is an easy way to improve student learning
- Acknowledge that the purpose of feedback is to teach, rather than justify the grade
- Explain how to create a screencast for student feedback following best practices
- Benefits of screencasted feedback
- Best practices for providing screencasted feedback
- Additional uses for screencasting in online instruction
This program will benefit:
- Faculty teaching online
Product Code: QM19HA