How Do I Overcome Faculty Barriers to Online Teaching?
GAIN FACULTY SUPPORT FOR YOUR ONLINE PROGRAMMING
Even though colleges and universities are growing their catalog of online courses and degree programs, faculty resistance remains a common concern.
Some educators claim that cheating is more pervasive online than in face-to-face classrooms. Others believe that online courses are inferior and less academically rigorous. Still others think that developing and teaching online courses is more demanding than traditional classes. Because online courses are here to stay, school officials have to find thoughtful ways to address these concerns.
Purchase the How Do I Overcome Faculty Barriers to Online Teaching? 20-Minute Mentor, presented by Brian Udermann, PhD. You’ll learn proven strategies for promoting faculty buy-in and support for your institution’s online offerings.
Without the buy-in of teachers, any online curriculum is prone to fail. This program gives you practical steps and insights that can ultimately have a tremendously positive impact on online education at your institution. View this program, and you will:
- Discover how to help educators develop online course material efficiently
- Learn how to give ongoing support to teachers
- Come up with consistent policies and procedures that support your efforts
- Provide high-quality faculty development opportunities related to online education
- Learn how to handle concerns about compensation, workload, and tenure related to online courses
- Negotiate equitable intellectual property agreements with online instructors
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize different forms of faculty resistance
- Apply realistic, ready-made solutions that undo these fears
- Counteract the belief that online courses are being forced upon faculty
- Enlist teacher involvement through workshops, mentoring, and social functions
- Communicate effectively with staff, faculty, and administrators to offset skepticism
School administrators who make a steady, concerted effort to engage teachers early in the development of online courses can see an uptick in satisfaction among both students and educators. That’s just one of the keys to success revealed in the How Do I Overcome Faculty Barriers to Online Teaching? 20-Minute Mentor.
During the program, you’ll explore the different fears and concerns of faculty when it comes to online teaching and acquire practical answers, learn about the misconceptions that educators harbor about online courses, and discover how to debunk these misconceptions in respectful, constructive ways.
Brian Udermann also shares the problems he faced at his school when trying to set up an online program curriculum, and reveals practical, tested solutions that worked for his colleagues.
In this tightly focused program, you'll learn how to put easy-to-implement strategies into practice—ones that can neutralize the skepticism of educators and lead to an increase in teaching fulfillment.
Simply put, you’ll walk away with a variety of strategies that your school can execute to break down walls to online teaching.
Using the practical, proven insights and actionable ideas presented in this program, you can help your faculty conquer their skepticism of online teaching, gain greater satisfaction in their work, and turn out a better class of students. Purchase today!
Product Code: NM16CA