How Do I Move from Mentoring to Coaching in Faculty Development?
This program outlines the benefits of mentoring for faculty members early in their teaching career, explores the differences between mentoring and coaching, explains the relationship between them, and presents a strong rationale for coaching as a faculty development initiative across all stages of a faculty career.
Purchase the How Do I Move from Mentoring to Coaching in Faculty Development? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Nicki Monahan, MEd. In this 20-minute session, learn three learning objectives that will help with your mentoring and coaching processes.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Distinguish between mentoring and coaching as distinct forms of support for faculty development
- Identify specific ways in which coaching moves beyond mentoring
- Appreciate how mentoring and/or coaching can be used effectively at various stages of a faculty career
- Mentoring for early career faculty
- Mentoring vs. coaching
- Coaching for all stages of a faculty career
- How coaching is different
This program will benefit:
- Faculty developers
- Directors of teaching and learning centers
- Program directors
- Academic leaders
- Department Chairs
- Associate Deans
Product Code: OM18ID