23 Practical Strategies to Help New Faculty Thrive
$297.00 – $497.00
It’s not surprising that many new faculty members struggle when they are first asked to lead their own classes. Bad habits picked up early in a teaching career can become self-defeating in the long term. Drawing upon our presenter’s 15 years of teaching and mentoring experience, we offer compelling and realistic advice on day-to-day teaching and improving student learning to guide new faculty members around predictable pitfalls and set them on the path to a rewarding teaching career.
New Faculty Needing Help?
New faculty members need practical help to achieve lasting classroom success.
The average college professor knows his or her subject matter very well, but receives very little training in how to teach effectively. That’s because most graduate programs provide minimal instruction on classroom pedagogy.
It’s not surprising that many new faculty members struggle when they are first asked to lead their own classes. Bad habits picked up early in a teaching career can become self-defeating in the long term.
Often, new faculty members try to do too much and wind up overextending themselves, which diminishes their enthusiasm. This can lead to frustration and ineffectiveness. The best way to confront these problems is to provide new faculty members with practical guidance and seasoned advice early on.
Your presenter shares effective strategies for success in college teaching in this 90-minute program.
This seminar offers compelling and realistic advice on day-to-day teaching and improving student learning to guide new faculty members around predictable pitfalls and set them on the path to a rewarding teaching career.
This seminar discusses:
- Deliberate course design
- Writing a strong syllabus-and sticking to it
- Improving student ratings
- High vs. low-stakes grades
- Finding the right pacing
- The reality behind teaching myths
- How to start and end each class
- How and why to find a faculty mentor
- Strategies for working with colleagues
- Ways to increase classroom efficiency
- Maintaining psychological health
- The rewards of teaching
- College professors just starting out
- Professors who need to recharge
- Course Developers
- Instructional Designers
Order this valuable online seminar today.
Product Code: PC10UA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart