Magna On-Demand Seminars
Developing an Effective Faculty Evaluation System
Learn how to create a transparent evaluation process that enables fair, balanced, and important decisions about faculty job performance. This will ultimately have a positive effect on teaching, learning, and the institution as a whole.
When evaluating faculty, student feedback should absolutely be considered—but it shouldn’t be the sole component of measurement.
In order to facilitate balanced faculty evaluation, systems of evaluation should integrate multiple sources of evidence, such as classroom observation, self-evaluation, peer feedback, review of curriculum materials, and much more. This in turn helps foster a holistic view of faculty effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
You’ll learn how to create a transparent evaluation process that enables fair, balanced, and important decisions about faculty job performance. This will ultimately have a positive effect on teaching, learning, and the institution as a whole.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Further explore the concepts behind developing a balanced faculty evaluation process to devise and revise the process on your campus
- Identify weaknesses in your institutions faculty evaluation process and leverage resources (shared in this seminar) to strengthen the process
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Components of a balanced faculty evaluation
- Student feedback
- Peer feedback
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
Why you don’t want to miss this!
By implementing the strategies set forth in this seminar, you’ll be able to refine and develop a balanced evaluation process, and build an evaluation system that positively impacts teaching performance, improves learning outcomes and retention, builds faculty morale, fosters communication, and creates a more successful institution. While student feedback does make a substantial contribution to faculty evaluation, an overreliance on this type of feedback can actually inhibit faculty innovation and engagement in the classroom. This seminar will help your institution build a balanced faculty evaluation system that positively impacts teaching and learning. Register for this seminar today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC18DD
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart