Restore Concentration and Focus in Your Classroom
In this seminar, see how practicing mindfulness in the classroom can restore focus and attention. The seminar demonstrates several strategies for promoting mindfulness that are simple, easy-to-adopt, and effective.
Educators can teach these practices to help their students focus on the present in the present, with improved learning as the outcome.
This program shows the value of mindfulness in the classroom, especially the many ways that it improves the focus and attention of both students and educators.
Discover practical techniques to help your students closely follow classroom discussions, gain a deeper understanding of the course material, and retain more lessons-and how they can give you greater control in your professional and personal lives.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- Several concrete, creative, and nuanced ideas that can be easily and immediately applied
- How to make use of the…pregnant…pause…to focus…attention
- How you can be present in the moment during time away from the classroom
- How to promote a pleasant climate of focused attention to improve the learning process
- How seating arrangements can affect energy flow and feelings of inclusion or exclusion
- How mindfulness can lead to greater kindness and compassion toward others
Once you have participated in the exercises presented in this seminar, you will be better equipped to:
- Articulate the value of mindfulness practices to both students and colleagues
- Apply several suggestions to improve your own mindfulness in and outside the classroom
- Incorporate several creative strategies for modeling mindfulness in the classroom
- Decrease stress and increase life satisfaction
The techniques that you will take away from this seminar can serve educators at any stage of their career, from novice instructors to established professionals.
Educators at two-year and four-year institutions, both public and private, will benefit.
In particular, Everybody Present: Mindfulness in the Classroom will be of great value to the following people and positions:
- Full-time faculty
- Part-time or adjunct faculty
- Associate deans
- Directors of development
Order this online seminar to learn how mindfulness can be a critical learning tool for you and your students.
Product Code: PC15EA