MAGNA ONLINE SEMINARS
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Everybody Present: Mindfulness in the Classroom
With so many easy interruptions to our concentration, it’s no wonder that students can find it hard to follow a classroom discussion closely. This seminar increases your awareness of the power of mindfulness techniques to enhance the teaching experience for you and the learning experience of your students.
Restore Concentration and Focus in Your Classroom
In this seminar, see how practicing mindfulness in the classroom can restore focus and attention. The seminar demonstrates several strategies for promoting mindfulness that are simple, easy-to-adopt, and effective.
Educators can teach these practices to help their students focus on the present in the present, with improved learning as the outcome.
This program shows the value of mindfulness in the classroom, especially the many ways that it improves the focus and attention of both students and educators.
Discover practical techniques to help your students closely follow classroom discussions, gain a deeper understanding of the course material, and retain more lessons-and how they can give you greater control in your professional and personal lives.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- Several concrete, creative, and nuanced ideas that can be easily and immediately applied
- How to make use of the…pregnant…pause…to focus…attention
- How you can be present in the moment during time away from the classroom
- How to promote a pleasant climate of focused attention to improve the learning process
- How seating arrangements can affect energy flow and feelings of inclusion or exclusion
- How mindfulness can lead to greater kindness and compassion toward others
Once you have participated in the exercises presented in this seminar, you will be better equipped to:
- Articulate the value of mindfulness practices to both students and colleagues
- Apply several suggestions to improve your own mindfulness in and outside the classroom
- Incorporate several creative strategies for modeling mindfulness in the classroom
- Decrease stress and increase life satisfaction
The techniques that you will take away from this seminar can serve educators at any stage of their career, from novice instructors to established professionals.
Educators at two-year and four-year institutions, both public and private, will benefit.
In particular, Everybody Present: Mindfulness in the Classroom will be of great value to the following people and positions:
- Full-time faculty
- Part-time or adjunct faculty
- Associate deans
- Directors of development
Order this online seminar to learn how mindfulness can be a critical learning tool for you and your students.
Product Code: PC15EA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart